- 34th Annual California State University Student Research Competition
- CSR Scholar's Program
- Past CSR Scholars
- Faculty mentors seeking student-researchers
- CSU Student Research Competition
- CSUEB Student Research Symposium
Cal State East Bay Student Research Symposium
Virtual Video Session
All Cal State East Bay student researchers are invited to register for the Student Research Symposium 2021. This year the symposium will be ran virtually. Students will prepare 3-minute videos and upload them to Youtube. More info to come next week(February 15-20) about the videos. Presentations are invited from all fields and should describe a scholarly project undertaken in the past year. Scholars and faculty mentors are responsible for designing a presentation appropriate for the Scholar's disciplines(the CSR defers to the faculty mentor's disciplinary expertise on presentation format). We will have more info posted soon on what these presentations will entail.
- For collaborative projects involving multiple CSUEB students, please submit the registration form below for and list each student that is on the project.
- Questions concerning registration or presentation preparation can be sent to email@example.com
- Students must register. Without registration, there may not be a spot for your presentation.
Students(both CSR Scholars and not CSR Scholars) must register for the Symposium no later than April 9, 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about registering.
- One-hour Kick Off Extravaganza - Friday April 16th @12-1pm (registration link will be shared as the event gets closer)
- Featuring Cal State East Bay President Cathy Sandeen, Executive Director of Research and Sponsored Programs Bal Kumar, and long-standing CSR Scholars Karen Parada and Claudia Romero!
- The event will also have interactive elements as well as a fun reimagination of the traditional research presentation (idea courtesy of Dr. Nazzy Pakpour)!
- Student project 3-minute videos - Will be showcased on YouTube Monday April 19 thru Friday April 23. This is the Cal State East Bay Week of Scholarship and we want to show off all of your amazing work!
- Each student/project team will upload their own 3-min project video (one video per project) as an "unlisted" video and share the link with the CSR (video registration link forthcoming in a later announcement). "Unlisted" means the video will not come up in any YouTube or Google (or other search engine) search. Videos can only be accessed via a direct hyperlink.
- Once the Week of Scholarship is completed (end of the day Friday April 23), all students are welcome to delete their unlisted videos off of YouTube.
- CSR will organize and present all project hyperlinks and brief descriptions into the Symposium's digital program, which will be shared with our Cal State East Bay community.
- Cal State East Bay community will be encouraged to engage with the project videos throughout the week through the YouTube video comment section associated with each respective project video (e.g., ask questions, provide comments & feedback to the student(s), share relevant info or links).
- Scholars will be required to check in on their video (to check for and reply to comments) at least 3x during the week of Scholarship.
We will not run these in person this year. We will update with more info once confirmed.
Ten student research projects are selected every year, to compete in the CSU Student Research Competition. They all will be creating a 8-minute video. These will be posted in the virtual program.