- Campus Directories
- Find People
- Administrative Divisions & Departments
- A-Z Index
- Colleges & Departments
- Faculty Profiles
- Emergency Numbers
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE/OFF-CAMPUS CRISIS REFERRAL
- POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF CAMPUS TELEPHONES
Marya Wright, ACW MSW Faculty Profile
I teach courses on Child Welfare Policy, Sociology of Family, Sociology of Sexualitites and Sexual Violence.
In Spring 2020, I became a lecturer in the Department of Sociology. I have taught courses on Child Welfare Policy, Sociology of Family, Sociology of Sexualities and Sexual Violence., My focus is on Children and Families, Child Welfare, and Sexual Trauma.
I graduated from San Diego State University with a Bachelor's degree in Social Work. There I focused on Child Welfare Services and Motivational Interviewing. I attended California State Universiy, Eastbay and graduated with a Master's degree in Social Work with a focus in Child Welfare Policy and research. I have conducted research in Child Sexual Exploitation and Foster Care, and algorithmic decision-making programs used in child welfare.
I have experience in child welfare as a dependency investigator. I operate a consulting business where I provide training and facilitation to community providers, professionals, adocates, and students.
- DSW (c) Doctor of Social Work, University of Southern California
- M.S.W. Child Welfare, CSU, Eastbay
- B.A. Social Work, San Diego State University
- Associate Clinical Social Worker #81167
- The California State University Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP) 2020-2021 Cohort, Chancellor Doctoral Fellow
- Association of College and University Educators (ACUE) Cohort D Teaching Practices, Participant