- Global Academy
- Program Dates & Fees
- Short-Term Programs
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IELTS Test Center
- new student orientation
- Student Life
- Program Brochures
- Contact Us!
International Business Certificate Program
Currently we're not accepting international applications for AY2023-2024. Please contact us with any questions at GlobalAcademy@csueastbay.edu.
The California State University, East Bay's Certificate in International Business provides students the educational foundation necessary to operate and succeed as business leaders in the international marketplace. This diploma is especially important given that the San Francisco Bay Area is a critical international hub.
Taught by a combination of globally-recognized California State University, East Bay faculty and successful multinational business executives, this comprehensive international business education program may cover topics ranging from international marketing and international law to international business strategy and supply chain management. Students can also look forward to high-profile guest speakers who will share specific and practical advice about issues and problems they have faced working in the international realm.
Students may be eligible to apply for OPT (Optional Practicum Training) upon completion of the program. OPT would give you practical experience in a real business situation where you can apply your knowledge and skills gained through the program.
- Business professionals whose work involves the international realm and seek to upgrade their skills and knowledge.
- Business professionals who seek a more thorough understanding of international business issues.
- Business professionals who want to take advantage of the opportunities available in the international realm.
- Professionals and students who are contemplating a career change to international business.
- Four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- IELTS 6.0, TOEFL iBT 71, or Duolingo English Test 100
Diploma/Optional Practical Training (OPT) recommendation requirements:
- Successful completion of four 8-week sessions (two semesters)
- Maintain 2.5 overall grade-point average in each 8-week session
- A grade of C or better is required in all courses
- To provide graduates the skills and real-world knowledge and perspective necessary to meet the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly evolving international business arena.
- To provide graduates a working knowledge of all areas of international business.
MGMT 850: Global Supply Chain Management (Spring Semester)
MKTG 851: e-Commerce Marketing for International Business (Spring Semester)
MGMT 852: International Business Law (Spring Semester)
MGMT 851: Developing an International Business Strategy (Fall Semester)
MKTG 850: International Marketing Decisions (Fall Semester)
FIN 850: International Business Finance (Fall Semester)Read More about the Program