- Student Housing & Residence Life
- COVID-19 Housing Info
- Spring Move In
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Staff Selection
- Forms, Policies & Processes
- Important Dates
- Dining Services
- Conference Services
- Commercial Services
Residence Hall Association Selection Process
Student Housing and Residence Life is excited to announce we are currently in the process of selecting RHA Executive Board members for the 2021-2022 academic year. We encourage those that are interested to review the selection information below. If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Shelley Marshall at email@example.com.
|Virtual Information Session
Click here to Register
*This session will be recorded and posted for those who may not be able to attend.
|November 9th||Applications Available|
|Application Virtual Help Desk
Click here to Register
*Staff will be available to answer questions and provide feedback on application materials. It’s not required that you use this option but it can be helpful in preparing materials. These are drop-in hours so you can sign-on at any time during the block.
|January 24th||Applications Due|
|February 12th||Offer letters emailed
*Please note offers are conditional pending background check (livescan), Spring grade check, and President approval on the number of staff we are able to hire.
(Tuesday from 7:00-8:30 pm, specific date TBD)
|Transitional meeting with current and incoming Executive Boards|
(Tuesdays from 7:00-8:30 pm, specific dates TBD)
|Shadowing current board/Planning for Welcome Week 2021
RHA Executive Board Selection
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Candidates must be enrolled at Cal State East Bay at the time of application.
- Candidates must be enrolled for both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters.
- Candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application and maintain this GPA throughout the selection process and start of the RHA position.
- Candidates must be in good conduct standing. Good conduct standing is defined as not being found responsible for a policy violation on or after December 1, 2020, or being on probation. Good conduct standing must be maintained throughout the entire selection process and start of the RHA position.
- Candidates must live on campus for both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters.
Things you’ll need to complete if offered a position:
Livescan: This applies if you have never completed one for campus or it’s been 2 or more years since your last one. You will receive more information regarding this after accepting your offer.
Hiring Packet: You will receive more information regarding this after results from your livescan come back. Please note it can take 1-2 weeks to receive the livescan results. The hiring packet also includes going to payroll and completing I-9 Employment Verification paperwork if you have not worked on campus previously. It is recommended that you gather all documents needed for completion of this paperwork in advance so it does not delay your on-boarding process. For more information about documents you may need, please refer to the following link: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/acceptable-documents
Online Training Modules: You will receive more information on required onboarding training once your hiring paperwork is processed and your staff email is set-up. Please note it can take a few weeks (and sometimes longer) for all paperwork to process.