- Student Housing & Residence Life
- COVID-19 Housing Info
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents
- Staff Selection
- Forms, Policies & Processes
- Important Dates
- Dining Services
- Conference Services
- Commercial Services
VP of Communications/NCC Selection Process
Student Housing and Residence Life is excited to announce we are currently in the process of selecting a VP of Communications/NCC for the 2021-2022 academic year. This position is a part of the Residence Hall Association Executive Board. We encourage those that are interested to review the selection information below. If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Shelley Marshall at email@example.com.
|March 14th||Applications Due|
|March 26th||Offer letters emailed
*Please note offers are conditional pending background check (livescan), Spring grade check, and President approval on the number of staff we are able to hire.
|April (Tuesday from 7-8:30 pm, specific date TBD)||Transitional meeting with current and incoming Executive Boards|
|April (Tuesday from 7-8:30 pm, specific date TBD)||Shadowing current board/Planning for Welcome Week 2021|
RHA Executive Board Selection
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Candidates must be enrolled at Cal State East Bay at the time of application.
- Candidates must be enrolled for both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters.
- Candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application and maintain this GPA throughout the selection process and start of the RHA position.
- Candidates must be in good conduct standing. Good conduct standing is defined as not being found responsible for a policy violation on or after December 1, 2020, or being on probation. Good conduct standing must be maintained throughout the entire selection process and start of the RHA position.
- Candidates must live on campus for both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters.
*Please note we are only hiring for the VP of Communications/NCC position. All other positions listed on the document above have been filled.
Things you’ll need to complete if offered a position:
Livescan: This applies if you have never completed one for campus or it’s been 2 or more years since your last one. You will receive more information regarding this after accepting your offer.
Hiring Packet: You will receive more information regarding this after results from your livescan come back. Please note it can take 1-2 weeks to receive the livescan results. The hiring packet also includes going to payroll and completing I-9 Employment Verification paperwork if you have not worked on campus previously. It is recommended that you gather all documents needed for completion of this paperwork in advance so it does not delay your on-boarding process. For more information about documents you may need, please refer to the following link: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/acceptable-documents
Online Training Modules: You will receive more information on required onboarding training once your hiring paperwork is processed and your staff email is set-up. Please note it can take a few weeks (and sometimes longer) for all paperwork to process.