Pioneer Bookstore Account
Registered students can now charge books, computer devices (only computers and tablets) and qualifying supplies purchased at the Pioneer Bookstore to their student account up to $500 per semester. Students will be required to sign the Pioneer Bookstore Account release indicating their consent to post the charges to their student account each time they make a purchase. Students who have more financial aid than their cost of tuition and fees may have this charge covered by financial aid if the charge posts to the student's account prior to aid being disbursed.
Students who have other 3rd party funding for books (employer, workforce agency, etc.) may also use this program.
Students without financial aid or 3rd party funding will have to pay for these charges by making an out-of-pocket payment to their CSUEB student account.
The Pioneer Bookstore Account is optional and is available each semester.
- Charges can be made to your Pioneer Bookstore account for Spring 2023 between December 6, 2022 and February 10, 2023
- Due date to repay charges is: February 10, 2023
- A $20.00 late fee will be assessed if charges are not paid by February 10, 2023
- Charges can be made to your Pioneer Bookstore account for Summer 2023 between May 15, 2023 and June 19, 2023
- Due date to repay charges is: June 23, 2023
- A $20.00 late fee will be assessed if charges are not paid by June 23, 2023
- Charges can be made to your Pioneer Bookstore account for Fall 2023 between July 17, 2023 and September 5, 2023
- Due date to pay Pioneer Bookstore charges is: September 8, 2023
- A $20.00 late fee will be assessed if charges are not paid by September 8, 2023
Bookstore Account Eligibility
- Students are eligible for the Pioneer Bookstore Account if they are enrolled in courses, have authorized the university to place a bookstore account to their student account, and do not have any active past due holds on their student account.
- Open University students, Transitory students, American Language Program (ALP) students, Early Start Summer program students, and some special program students are not eligible.
- Registered students taking more than zero units and are degree seeking are eligible to participate for up to $500 per semester.
- Specific programs may be eligible for more than $500. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Obtaining the Bookstore Account
- After selecting the books and supplies at the Pioneer Bookstore or online, students will be asked to present their student identification card to the bookstore cashier and inform the cashier that they have a Pioneer Bookstore Account.
- The disbursement of financial aid will pay for tuition, fees, and bookstore charges, in that order.
- If you are a student whose charges are paid by a 3rd party, please work with your 3rd party provider to make payments to the university.
- You can authorize your Pioneer Bookstore charges be deducted from your Spring 2020 financial aid disbursement.
- Any remaining balance owed after financial aid and/or 3rd party funds are received must be paid by the student to the university in accordance with the due dates. A late fee of $20 will be assessed if not paid by the established due date.
Students may purchase textbooks, computer devices (computers and tablets) and necessary supplies ONLY. "Supplies" include, but are not limited to, study guides, supplemental texts, workbooks, notebooks, notepaper or pads, pens, pencils, backpacks, art/drawing supplies and calculators. Items that CANNOT be purchased with the Bookstore Account include clothing, mugs, food, mass market books (unless designated as a course text) and other items not necessary for course work.
- The university reserves the right to change this policy or remove this program at any time.
- The university reserves the right to audit applicable Pioneer Bookstore Account purchases. Items not eligible through the Pioneer Bookstore Account program and not collected from the student may revert back to Follett for repayment to the university.
By using the Bookstore Account Program, you agree to use your Financial Aid to pay for the bookstore account charge if you are a Financial Aid student. Any outstanding balance must be paid back to the University by the established due date.
If you have any questions regarding the Book Voucher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.