The Computer Engineering Program is accredited by the
Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
415 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Telephone: (410) 347-7700
Program Educational Objectives
The Department of Engineering provides a quality engineering education that produces graduates who:
- successfully apply their learned skills throughout their professional pursuits,
- have enthusiasm and aptitude to continuously pursue learning and professional development,
- have demonstrated in their professional performance an ability to work independently and to communicate and work well on teams alongside engineers and colleagues from other disciplines,
- are recognized as qualified engineers with high ethical standards.
Click here to see the program roadmap for Computer Engineering.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a B.S. degree in Computer Engineering or a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Cal State East Bay will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need for, and have an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
- Have knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Computer Engineering BS Enrollment Statistics
|# of Graduates