Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I know which documents I need to complete?
You can check your application status "to do list" in MyCSUEB. When you are officially admitted you will be notified by mail with a letter of admission.

2. How do I know which classes I need to take?
See Academic Advising to determine the classes you need for your program.

3. How do I receive advising if I missed Orientation?
For advising, please contact the appropriate office based on your student status:

Transfer students
Graduate students
International students

Contact the General Education Office
Contact the Academic Advising and Career Education Office
Contact your academic department
Contact the Center for International Education

4. When is the first day of classes?
Refer to Important Dates or the University Calendar for the dates you need.

5. What is an Intent to Register?
An Intent to Register is your notification to the University that you plan to attend classes at Cal State East Bay. It permits the University to plan classroom spaces. The Intent to Register form must be submitted prior to your enrolling in classes. It is sent with your admitted student packet with your letter of admission to the University. If you do not submit an Intent to Register, you will not be allowed to enroll in classes.

6. How do I know if I have to take the EPT or ELM Placement Tests?
See complete details in Placement Tests which determine whether you need to take the English Placement Test (EPT) or the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) test.

7. Is it mandatory that I attend an orientation?
Orientation is mandatory for freshmen and international students, and strongly recommended for transfer students. Graduate students should attend Orientation if they are required by their academic department. Check with your academic department to see if they offer orientation services.

8. Can I check on my son's or daughter's application?
As a public institution of higher education, Cal State East Bay abides by the FERPA regulation to protect the privacy of student records. If your child is 18 or over, you may review their application only if they have signed a Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) signature and release form, giving the University permission to permit a designated person to review their records. For more information, see the FERPA Web site.

9. I'm unable to attend this quarter even though I have been accepted. What do I need to do?
If you are unable to attend in the quarter for which you originally applied, you will need to reapply to the University. See How to Apply.

10. Where can I find out about disability accommodations?
Visit the Accessibility Services web site for information to regarding accommodations and support services for students with disabilities.

11. What is conditional admission?
Conditional admission means your admission is based on the information you self-report on your application form. Cal State East Bay reserves the right to cancel your admission for any of the following reasons: the class/grade information on your application form does not match your transcript, your planned courses are not completed, you do not maintain your self-reported GPA, or you did not submit documents by the required deadines.

12. What is provisional admission?
Provisional admission means your admission is based on your successful completion of coursework you currently have planned or have in progress. Cal State East Bay reserved the right to cancel your admission for any of the following reasons: your planned or in-progress courses are not completed, you do not maintain your GPA, or if you do not submit documents by the required deadline.

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share