Click the Tabs to Get More Info on Our Events!
Fall 2021 Get Connected to Service: More inforation coming soon.
Make A Difference Week
Starting in 2015, the Center for Community Engagement instituted Make a Difference Week (MADW), an extension of national Make a Difference Day, the largest single day of volunteering in the country. MADW provides our campus community with the opportunity to explore how we, as individuals and as a campus, can contribute to the public good. MADW features several events on campus and culminates in the day of service. Learn more about MADW.
Saturdays of Service
Saturdays of Service (SoS) is a monthly initiative that provides community service opportunities for Cal State East Bay students. Students have the opportunity to make a direct impact in the Hayward and surrounding communities in collaboration with community partners. Students who participate in a Saturday of Service have the opportunity to receive an I Serve East Bay t-shirt. Learn more about SoS.
Pioneers for change (PFC) is a paid service learning, peer-to-peer, leadership program. The mission of PFC is to provide opportunities for growth and development through team building, service projects, and service learning internships that encourage students to be leaders on and off campus as well as catalysts for positive change within the community. Learn more about PFC.
The Program is based on the three pillars of personal, professional, and social responsibility.
The Center for Community Engagement hires students for PFC every spring semester for the upcoming academic year.
Students interested in applying for Pioneers for Change must:
- have a 2.75 GPA
- be enrolled in at least six (6) units at Cal State East Bay, and be in good disciplinary standing with the university when appointed and for the duration of the employment period.
- have the ability to work in a diverse environment with college students, staff, faculty, and the community
- have a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and some weekends due to training, meetings, and service projects during the academic year.
- demonstrate an interest in student leadership and community engagement.
For more information:
Pioneers for Change
Phone: (510) 885-2894
Student clubs and organization can now apply for recognition through I SERVE EAST BAY, a new program sponsored by the Center for Community Engagement. I Serve is an opportunity for student organizations to receive awards for various types community impact and engagement events and activities.
The types of Community Service Recognized:
- Community Service Events
- Direct Community Service Hours
- Fundraising and Awareness Events
For descriptions and examples for each category, click on the link below!
How it works:
- One representative from the club/organization will submit a form for one of the above types of service activities after the activity has been completed.
- A separate form must be completed for each activity, not more than one activity/form.
- Click on the form here and complete the information required.
- Forms can be submitted throughout the academic year.
- Participating organizations will be awarded one of the recognition levels below for the year with an announcement at the Celebration of Service Student Symposium on Tuesday, April 28th 12-2.
For more information: I serve EastbayI Serve Form here :https://forms.gle/23VuimHgYHvFAktZA
In partnership with the General Studies Program,the CCE coordinates multiple half day service projects for freshmen as part of their FreshmenYear Experience General Studies (GS) course to connect students to the local community and learn about social responsibility.
The CCE coordinates all projects and manages student registrations (including registration issues and changes) through a web application.