- For CSR Scholars
- Contact Us
- About CSR's Programs
- Past CSR Scholars
- Faculty mentors seeking student-researchers
- CSU Student Research Competition
- CSUEB Student Research Symposium
About the CSR Scholar's Program
What does the CSR Scholar's Program (CSR-SP) do for students?
- Your faculty mentors works with you closely on your project and helps you develop your disciplinary expertise and skills.
- The CSR Scholar's Program offers students scholarship funding to engage in professional development sessions designed to develop broader academic and professional skills, and provides project funding support opportunities in the form of travel and supply grant opportunities.
Applications for the 2023-2024 CSR Scholar's Program are NOW CLOSED!
The application period for the CSR Scholar's Program was June 21st through August 1st (or until funding limit had been reached.)
Interested student applicants should have met eligibility criteria (image below) and have a project/mentor secured prior to the submission of the CSR Student Application.
If you don't have a mentor/project yet: Please click here for a list of faculty who are looking for student researchers, and then complete the Center for Student Research Program Interest Form to express your interest in joining our program. We'll contact you with more information regarding our program! Note: completing the Interest Form is not part of the application process.
Both mentor and student applicants should expect a decision email no later than August 15th.
Please note the eligibility criteria:
Meet minimum Scholar requirements
- Attend a CSR Scholar’s Program orientation session.
- Review and sign your Scholar Contract by the deadline.
- Complete your beginning, mid, and end-of-year scholar surveys by the deadline.
- Attend and present at the Cal State East Bay Student Research Showcase held in April.
- Demonstrate adequate professionalism as a CSR scholar.