- Campus Directories
- Find People
- Administrative Divisions & Departments
- A-Z Index
- Colleges & Departments
- Faculty Profiles
- Emergency Numbers
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE/OFF-CAMPUS CRISIS REFERRAL
- POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF CAMPUS TELEPHONES
Yongwhan Lim Faculty Profile
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (510) 885-3529
- Office: SC N156
- Office Hours: Monday 10am-11am or by appointment.
- Vitae: View my CV
- Home Page: https://yongwhan.github.io/
Note: CSUEB does not pre-approve, monitor, or edit personal pages. Faculty members are solely responsible for their content, and are expected to conform to the policy guidelines of CSUEB.
I am entering my 5th year as a software engineer at Google. I currently work on Brain Research on Deep Learning (50%) and TensorFlow Runtime (50%). As a part-time lecturer, I teach in multiple places including CSU System, Harvard, and UC System. I finished my undergraduate education at Stanford University with a double major in mathematics and computer science. Then, I pursued a doctorate program in operations research at MIT for about three years before joining Google.
- Computer Science MS, Stanford University
- Mathematics BS, Stanford University
- Computer Science BS, Stanford University
- Operations Research PhD (on a leave), MIT
Not teaching this semester.
- Yongwhan Lim, Asuman Ozdaglar, and Alexander Teytelboym. Competitive Rumor Spread in Social Networks. ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review 44.3 (2017): 7-14. [PDF]
- Li-Jia Li*, Chong Wang*, Yongwhan Lim, and Li Fei-Fei. Object Bank: An Object-Level Image Representation for High-Level Visual Recognition. International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV). 2013. (*indicates equal contribution) [PDF]
- Li-Jia Li*, Chong Wang*, Yongwhan Lim, David Blei, and Li Fei-Fei. Building and Using a Semantivisual Image Hierarchy. IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). 2010. (*indicates equal contribution) [PDF]
- Li-Jia Li*, Hao Su*, Yongwhan Lim, and Li Fei-Fei. Objects as Attributes for Scene Classification. Proceedings of the 12th European Conference of Computer Vision (ECCV), 1st International Workshop on Parts and Attributes. 2010. (*indicates equal contribution) [PDF]
A Simple Model of Cascades in Networks
- 2014 INFORMS (Talk)
- 2015 LIDS Student Conference (Talk)
Competition over Product Diffusion in Social Networks
- 2014 INFORMS (Talk)
- 2015 LIDS Student Conference (Poster)