- Campus Directories
- Find People
- Administrative Divisions & Departments
- A-Z Index
- Colleges & Departments
- Faculty Profiles
- Emergency Numbers
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE/OFF-CAMPUS CRISIS REFERRAL
- POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF CAMPUS TELEPHONES
Maria Cho, PhD, RN, FNP-BC Faculty Profile
- PhD University of California, San Francisco
- Post Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Program San Francisco State University
- MS University of California, San Francisco
- Post Master's University of California, San Francisco
- BSN Chung-Ang University
|Course #||Sec||Course Title||Days||From||To||Location||Campus|
|NURS 310||01||Foundations of Prof Nursing||TU||1:15PM||2:55PM||CCAS-201||Concord Campus|
|NURS 323||03||Nurs Care of Adults I Practice||MW||3:00PM||11:00PM||HOSP-ARR||Off Campus|
- Dodd, M., Cho, M.H., Cooper, B., MacPhail, L., & Miaskowski, C. (2022). A randomized clinical trial of granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor mouthwash for oral mucositis in head and neck cancer. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 56, 1-8.
- Nouredini, S., Holbrook, K., Ladua, Z., Winters, J., Cho, M., Wash, D.M. (2020). Online training. Disaster shelter training for nurses. Available at: https://www.anywherece.com/
- Claire Valderama Wallace, PhD, RN, Lynn Van Hofwegen, DNP, APRN, Maria Cho, PhD, RN, FNP-BC; Monika Eckfield, PhD, RN (2019). Preparing Nurses for the Future: Lessons Learned from Curricular Revision. NLN conference.
- Moore, D. J., Smith, B., Cho, M. H. (2017). Managing medications for hospital patients with Parkinson disease. American Nurse Today.
Ahn, Y., Kim, K., Cho, M., Kim, J., Kang, N., Nam, B., & Sohn, M. (2015). A study abroad program for Korean nursing students in the San Francisco Bay Area: A SWOT analysis. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 5(10), 36-42.
- Smooth, B., Zerzan, S., Krasnoff, J., Wong, J., Cho, M., & Dodd, M. (2014). Upper limb volume changes before and after a symptom-limited treadmill test in women with and without breast cancer-related lymphedema. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment
- DeNysschen, C., Brown, J., Cho, M., Dodd, M. (2014). Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors of Breast Cancer Survivors. Clinical Nursing Research
- Cho, M. & Dodd, M. J. (2013). Quality of life in head and neck cancer patients receiving radiation therapy. Western Institute of Nursing Annual Communicating Nursing Research Conference.
- Cho, M.H., Dodd, M.J., Cooper, B.A., & Miaskowski, C. (2012). Comparisons of exercise dose and symptom severity between exercisers and nonexercisers in women during and after cancer treatment. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 3(5), 842-854.
- Carney, S., Koetters, T., Cho, M., West, C., Paul, S.M., Dunn, L., …Miaskowski, C. (2011). Differences in sleep disturbance parameters between oncology outpatients and their family caregivers. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 29(8),1001-1006
- Buffum, D., Koetters, T., Cho, M., Macera, L., Paul, S.M., West, C., …Miaskowski, C. (2011). The effects of pain, gender, and age on sleep/wake and circadian rhythm parameters in oncology patients at the initiation of radiation therapy. Journal of Pain,12 (3), 390-400.
- DeNysschen, C.A, Brown, J.K., Cho, M.H., &Dodd, M.J. (2011). Nutritional symptom and body composition outcomes of aerobic exercise in women with breast cancer. Clinical Nursing Research, 20(1), 29-46.
- Dodd, M.J., Cho, M.H., Cooper, B.A., Petersen, J., Bank, K.A., Lee, K.A, & Miaskowski C. (2011). Identification of latent classes in patients who are receiving biotherapy based on symptom experience and its effect on functional status and quality of life. Oncology Nursing Forum, 38(1), 33-42.
- Dodd, M.J., Cho, M.H., Miaskowski, C., Painter PL, Paul SM, Cooper BA,… Bank, K.A. (2010). A randomized controlled trial of home-based exercise for cancer-related fatigue in women during and after chemotherapy with or without radiation therapy. Cancer Nursing, 33(4):245-57.
- Dodd, M.J., Cho, M.H., Cooper, B.A.,& Miaskowski, C.(2010). The effect of symptom clusters on functional status and quality of life in women with breast cancer. European Journal of Oncology Nursing. 2010 Apr;14(2):101-10.
- Wu, H., Dodd, M. J., & Cho, M. H. (2008). Patterns of fatigue and effects of exercise in breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapy. Oncology Nursing Forum, 35 (5), E90-E99.
- Cho, M, H., Dodd, M. J., Lee, K. A., Padilla, G., & Slaughter, R. (2006) Self-reported sleep quality in family caregivers of gastric cancer patients who are receiving chemotherapy in Korea. Journal of Cancer Education, 21 (Suppl): S37-41.
- Miaskowski, C., Cooper, A. C., Paul, S., Dodd, M. J., Lee, K. A., Aouizerat, B., West, C., Cho, M. H. & Bank,K. A. (2006). Cluster Analysis Identifies Subgroups Of Oncology Outpatients With Different Symptom Experiences Who Have Different Health-Related Quality Of Life Outcomes. Oncology Nursing Forum, 33(5), E79-E89.
- Dodd MJ, Cho, M. H., Cooper, B. A., Miaskowski, C., Lee, K. A , & Bank, K. A. (2005). Advancing our knowledge of symptom clusters. Journal of Supportive Oncology, 6 suppl 4: 30-31.
- Lee, K. A., Cho, M. H., Dodd, M. J., & Miaskowski, C. (2004). Impaired Sleep and Rhythms in Persons with Cancer, Sleep Medicine Review, 8, 199-212.
- Dodd, M. J., Dibble, S., Miaskowski, C., Paul, S., Cho, M.H., & MacPhail, L. (2001). A comparison of the affective state and quality of life of chemotherapy patients who do and do not develop chemotherapy induced oral mucositis. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 21(6), 498-505.
NON-PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Maria Cho (2021) “Gratitude or Regrets, Contemplating Last Words” in the American Journal of Nursing, Off the Charts. https://ajnoffthecharts.com/gratitude-or-regrets-contemplating-last-words/
- Maria Cho (2014). Overcoming My Limitation. Reflection on Nursing Leadership, 3rd Qtr. (published)
- Maria Cho (2012). “ Is nursing still a calling even as a second career?” Nursingtogether.com. March, 2012. http://www.nursetogether.com/Career/Career-Article/itemid/3014.aspx
- Maria Cho (2012). “Expanding Your Knowledge to Give Good Quality Nursing Care” .nursetogether.com http://www.nursetogether.com/continuing-education-quality-nursing-care
- Maria Cho (2013) . “Humility: Vital Virtue for Your Nursing Value” Nursetogether.com http://www.nursetogether.com/humility-virtue-for-nursing-value