- Campus Directories
- Find People
- Administrative Divisions & Departments
- A-Z Index
- Colleges & Departments
- Faculty Profiles
- Emergency Numbers
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE/OFF-CAMPUS CRISIS REFERRAL
- POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF CAMPUS TELEPHONES
Jacob F Miranda, Ph.D. Faculty Profile
Jacob F Miranda, Ph.D.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (510) 885 - 4171
- Office: Science Building (South) | S215-D
- Office Hours: Fall 2023 | Wednesdays, 2 - 3 PM (CST)
- Vitae: View my CV
- Home Page: jacobfmiranda.com
Note: CSUEB does not pre-approve, monitor, or edit personal pages. Faculty members are solely responsible for their content, and are expected to conform to the policy guidelines of CSUEB.
Dr. Miranda (he/him/his) joined CSUEB in Fall 2023 after graduating with his doctorate from the University of Alabama. He received training in Experimental Methods in Social Psychology with a specialized concentration in Statistics. Further, his Methods training include best practices advocated for in what is often referred to as the "Open Science Movement".
Dr. Miranda also has training as an Industrial-Organizational psychologist from Angelo State University in Texas. His research explores a variety of topics including (but not limited to):Meta-Science, doing science on scientists; Political polarization, specifically affective polarization; pedagogy; understanding teacher occupational health and well-being along with student learning outcomes); and intellectual humility.
Dr. Miranda is a proponent of collaborative sciences and works with international researchers through organizations such as the Psychological Science Accelerator (PSA), the Framework for Open and Reproducible Research Training (FORRT), and the Collaborative Replication Education Project (CREP). He aims to provide scientific training in his M.I.S.T. Lab (Metascientific Investigations and Scientific Training) to provide STEM opportunities to those who have been historically underrepresented.
- Experimental Psychology | Ph.D. at University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology | M.S. at Angelo State University