- DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
- Academic Advising
- Degrees & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Office Hours
- Career Planning
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Grad School Information
- Sources of Help
- Department History
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Welcome to Psychology
Our department will be closed in order to reduce the campus population in the interest of safety and health for our students, staff, and faculty.
Need to Contact our department? We are here to support you remotely during these stressful and uncertain times. You can contact the department:
Welcome Message From the Chair
Associate Professor & Chair
10 Reasons Why Cal State East Bay Is a Great Place to Major in Psychology
- Three programs:
Traditional Bachelor of Arts program (Bachelor of Arts Degree)
Option in Organizational/Industrial Psychology (Bachelor of Science Degree)
Option in Ergonomics and Human Factors (Bachelor of Science Degree)
- All programs develop practical skills desired by employers and grad schools.
- Unlike at large research institutions, all classes are taught by Ph.D. faculty.
- Faculty members in the Department of Psychology devote their full attention to undergraduates. Master's Degrees in Psychology are offered in the Department of Educational Psychology, a separate department.
- Interested undergraduate students are encouraged to perform independent research, or participate in faculty research. This opportunity is usually reserved for graduate students.
- Classes are friendly and cooperative.
- There's an active Psychology Club for all students, and a chapter of Psi Chi, the national psychology honor society.
- Undergraduate students have easy access to computers, laboratory facilities, and equipment. These include laboratories for working with people and rooms for observing individuals and groups.
- Fieldwork in the community is supported and encouraged.
- Student body is very diverse in culture, age, and ethnicity.
- California State University, East Bay
- 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd
- Hayward, CA 94542
- College of Science
- Office Hours: 8:30–5, M–F
- Phone: (510) 885-3484
- Fax: (510) 885-2553
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org