- Public Affairs & Administration
- Degrees and Programs
- Master's Degree in Public Administration
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Newly Admitted Students
- Class Schedule
- Degree Completion Roadmaps
- Faculty and Office Hours
- Careers for Majors
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Office of Graduate Programs
- Faculty and Staff Employment
- Contact Us
The MPA degree program is open to students planning careers in public organizations who have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Admission will be granted based upon the Admission Committee's overall assessment of the student's qualifications and academic/career potential, using the following criteria:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5;
Students with GPA below 2.5 will not be considered for admission.
- Statement of Purpose in pursuing the MPA degree. In a 1-2 page essay double-spaced, please explain who you are, your career goals and how the MPA degree will help you achieve those goals;
- Two letters of academic and/or professional recommendation (on professional letterhead - company or educational institution stationery). The letter writers should include how they know you, if they think you would be successful in the program and why. Letters must be current, dated and signed- Wet signature required, electronic signatures will not be accepted.
- Professional resume/vita;
- All undergraduate/graduate transcripts. (These must be sent directly to University Admissions - NOT the Department.) Below is directions on how to submit transcripts:
To expedite processing, please inquire with your sending institution for information in regards to electronic transcript submission.
Electronic transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy official transcripts, test scores, and admission documents in their original sealed envelope, may be mailed to:
Office of Admission
Cal State East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
All applicants must submit an online Graduate Admission application declaring Public Administration as a degree objective, and transcripts, at CSU APPLY along with a non-refundable fee. For the "Statement of Purpose" and "References" sections on the application, applicants may put "submitted directly to the department."
In addition, applicants must also submit the above application materials (Statement of Purpose, 2 letters of reference and resume) directly to the Department of Public Affairs and Administration at the following email address: Publicadmin@csueastbay.edu
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR NAME ON EACH AND EVERY PAGE OF ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TO THE DEPARTMENT!
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BOTH YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION TO THE UNIVERSITY AND THE ABOVE MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE DEPARTMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 PM ON THE APPLICATION DEADLINE.
Applicants will be notified of the Department's decision via email. Applicants will be required to confirm acceptance of admission by the deadline stated in the email or the offer may be withdrawn.