Here is a basic list to get you and your student started at Cal State East Bay:
- Be sure your student has completed the Requirements for Admission and get pre-admission advising from an Admission Counselor.
- Schedule a Campus Tour with the Welcome Center.
- Students apply to California State University East Bay with the CalStateApply online application for admission. Graduate students must also apply to their academic department. International students apply with the International Admission Office.
- Students obtain their NetID and activate Horizon Student E-mail. Students should frequently check their e-mail and MyCSUEB To Do List for important dates and information from the university. Horizon Student E-mail is the official notification system from the university to students.
- Familiarize yourself with the Important Dates web site.
- Apply for Financial Aid with the FAFSA. Apply for Scholarships online at Pioneer Scholarships.
- Apply for Student Housing or arrange for off-campus housing. Capacity is limited, so apply as soon as possible for on-campus housing.
- Submit your Acceptance of Admission Offer in MyCSUEB.
- Register for Freshman Orientation or Transfer Student Orientation at the Orientation web site.
- New Freshman receive classes at Freshman Orientation for entering in Fall. All other students enroll in classes online during their enrollment appointment time in MyCSUEB. Students receive notice of their appointment time via Horizon Student E-mail.
- Pay your fees for classes electronically or in person at the Cashier’s office.
- Buy parking permit online at MyCampusPermit, and books at the start of classes at the Pioneer Bookstore.