Apply for aid

Step 1: Apply for admission to Cal State East Bay

Step 2: Complete your Pioneer Scholarship Application 

Step 3: Complete your FAFSADream Act Application (Include the CSUEB School Code: 001138) before May 2

Step 4: Award letters will be sent mid-late April via email

Step 5: Submit any outstanding documents shown on your MyCSUEB To-Do List as soon as possible

Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the single most important step in getting financial aid. You will need to do this every year to continue to receive aid.  

Once the FAFSA has been completed, the information is processed by the Department of Education and a Student Aid Report (SAR) is sent to the school(s) of your choice. When our office receives your SAR, we will be able to offer financial aid awards based on your financial information included on your FAFSA.  

Eligibility Requirements:

  • Be a citizen or eligible noncitizen of the United States.
  • Have a valid Social Security Number. (Students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of Palau are exempt from this requirement.)
  • Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or have completed homeschooling. Click Here for additional information.
  • Be enrolled in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree or certificate.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  • Not owe a refund on a federal student grant or be in default on a federal student loan.

To review the detailed eligibility requirements, CLICK HERE!

Apply today at!

If you do not meet the citizenship requirements for federal student aid, you still have the option to apply for the California Dream Act Application (CADAA), which extends eligibility for certain types of institutional and state aid to undocumented students.

For more information about CADAA and eligibility requirements, visit our Dreamers website!

Please note, international students are not eligible to apply for FAFSA nor CADAA. However, merit-based scholarships may be available for you through our Pioneer Scholarship Applications.