The Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program strives to provide its graduates with positive career outcomes. The program objectives include:
- The M.B.A. will provide students with the knowledge and skills managers need to succeed.
- The M.B.A. will provide students with the opportunity to select an area of specialization.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students graduating with a Master of Business Administration will be able to:
- Make legal and ethical decisions in organizations and society.
- Develop business strategies that respond to emerging opportunities and challenges in the global environment.
- Apply leadership, teamwork, and communication skills in diverse managerial environments.
- Analyze and integrate information from different functional areas of business in managerial decisions.
- Apply quantitative, analytical, and technological tools for data driven decision making.
The Accounting and Finance Department offers the following MBA options:
The Master of Science in Accountancy
The M.S. in Accountancy Program (MSA) is a cohort-based, 17-month graduate program. Graduates of the program will satisfy the accounting education requirements for the CPA examination and for the 150 semester unit, required for California CPA licensure requirement.
- Students who graduate will demonstrate knowledge of U.S. and international financial reporting standards and auditing standards for corporate financial reporting and attestation.
- Students who graduate will apply critical thinking and quantitative reasoning to financial reporting and business valuation.
- Students who graduate will illustrate the knowledge of accountants’ professional ethics standards and apply them to business situations.
- Students who graduate will apply written communication skills to create professional accounting reports.
- Students who graduate will apply oral communication skills to deliver a well-organized, informative, and persuasive oral presentation within a professional context.
- Students who graduate will apply professional collaboration and teamwork skills in working with individuals and in groups.