Current Students

Registration for Continuing Students | Paying Fees | Grades and TranscriptsAcademic Support | Forms | Additional Resources

ALP Student Handbook

The ALP Student Handbook is given to you at the new student orientation. It provides guidlines and resources for ALP students and helps you get the most out of your experience at Cal State East Bay!

Registration for Continuing Students

If you plan to continue to study at ALP in the following quarter, you must submit ALL of the three things by the announced deadline (usually the last day of current quarter):

1. Completed Online Registration (Pink) Form for Spring 2018

* You must be logged in to your Horizon email from a browser (like Chrome or Firefox, not an email app) to complete this form. If you have trouble opening the form from your phone, try using a PC (desktop or laptop). If you prefer, you can come to ALP and fill out a paper pink form.

2. Purchase CSU-Sponsored Health Insurance or submit proof of Government-Sponsored Scholarship

* Find out the minimum Coverage Dates for each quarter

3. Tuition Payment

*A late fee of $75 will be charged after the announced registration deadline.

***For Visiting Student Program, follow the Open University Registration policies***

***For Certificate Programs, follow the University Extension Registration policies*** 

Registering for Classes

For Intensive English Program students, your classes will be selected based on your placement test results or performance in previous quarters at ALP. You can check your class schedule on MyCSUEB.

If you want to change your Elective class, you can submit the Class Change Request Form during 1st week of the quarter.

If you want to change any other class, talk to the instructor. If the instructor agrees that you should be moved to a different class, the instructor will submit a Class Change Request Form.

The Class Change Request Form can be found on the ALP website and in the ALP office.

Paying Fees

For new students, the tuition payment deadline is the first day of the New Student Orientation.

For continuing students, the tuition payment deadline will be announced during the previous quarter. The date is published on the ALP Activities Calendar or you can check with the ALP office.

You may pay by cash or check by mail or in person. You may pay with a credit card online only. 

Find out how at How to Pay Your Fees

Grades and Transcripts

A transcript is the official record of your academic achievement at Cal State East Bay and the American Language Program (ALP). You may order copies of transcripts to send to yourself or other educational institutions.

Find out how using this PDF: Check Grades or Order Official Transcripts

Academic Support

Academic Advisor

We have a Student Advising Manager in the ALP office to guide students achieve their personal and academic goals.  If students have any questions or concerns, they can feel free to drop in or make an appointment to meet with the advisor. Also students are encouraged to visit their instructors' office hours to ask questions and get help with their coursework.   

ALP Computer Lab [Learning Center]

ALP’s computer lab is available to all enrolled ALP students to assist their English learning. It has 25 computers and is open every weekday afternoon. The computer lab is staffed by a trained ESL instructor. Students can get help from him/her if they have questions about any software or English language learning. ALP students may be assigned to study in the computer lab using specific software for their English proficiency. ALP students are also welcome to do self-study in the lab. They can choose programs based on their individual needs or preferences.

The lab provides students with more than 15 software choices

  • Levels range from beginning to advanced
  • Skills include listening, speaking, pronunciation, grammar, reading, test preparation, etc. 


Please use an appropriate form for what you need and submit it to the ALP office.

If you need/want to...

Request a document of:

  • Verification of Enrollment

  • Grade Report

  • Employment Eligibility

  • Certificate of Completion

Document request (green form)

Change your elective class

Class change request

Request to take annual vacation quarter

Annual Vacation Quarter Eligibility (purple form)

Travel outside the U.S

I-20/Travel Request (blue form)

Extend your I-20

I-20 request (salmon pink form) + Declaration of Finances

Transfer to another school in the U.S

Transfer out + admission letter from new school

Register for next quarter

Online Registration form + Proof of your health insurance

Additional Resources

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share