- Campus Directories
- Find People
- Administrative Divisions & Departments
- A-Z Index
- Colleges & Departments
- Faculty Profiles
- Emergency Numbers
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE/OFF-CAMPUS CRISIS REFERRAL
- POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF CAMPUS TELEPHONES
Mitchell Craig Faculty Profile
Mitchell Craig is Professor and Graduate Coordinator of the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences. He teaches courses in Applied Geophysics, Near Surface Geophysics, Exploration Seismology, Geographic Information Systems, and Natural Disasters.
He uses geophysical methods to study sedimentary environments. Current projects include earthquake hazard assessment in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and geophysical imaging of lake deposits in a mountain meadow in the Sierras.
Near surface geophysics, applied seismology, modern sedimentary environments.
- Ph. D., Georgia Institute of Technology
- M. S., Georgia Institute of Technology
- B. A., Humboldt State University
|Course #||Sec||Course Title||Days||From||To||Location||Campus|
|GEOL 431||01||Applied Geophysics||M||2:00PM||4:30PM||SC-N346||Hayward Campus|
|GEOL 431||1A||Applied Geophysics||W||2:00PM||4:30PM||SC-N346||Hayward Campus|
|GEOL 622||01||Seismic Exploration||M||6:30PM||8:00PM||SC-N347||Hayward Campus|
|GEOL 622||1A||Seismic Exploration||W||6:30PM||8:00PM||SC-N347||Hayward Campus|
- Hayashi, K., and Craig, M., 2017, S-wave velocity measurement and the effect of basin geometry on site response, east San Francisco Bay area, California, USA, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 98, pp 49-61, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pce.2016.07.001
- Craig, M., and Hayashi, K., 2016, Surface wave surveying for near surface site characterization in the east San Francisco Bay Area, California, Interpretation, v 4, no. 4, p SQ59–SQ69, http://dx.doi.org/10.1190/INT-2015-0227.1.
- Craig, M., Chan, J., and Rhett, G, 2015, Sedimentary structures of the Monterey Dunes revealed by ground penetrating radar. Presented at Society of Exploration Geophysics Annual Meeting, pp. 2264-2268, http://dx.doi.org/10.1190/segam2015-5878994.1
- Craig, M. S., Jol, H. M., Teitler, L., and Warnke, D. A., 2012, Geophysical surveys of a pluvial lake barrier deposit, Beatty Junction, Death Valley, California, USA. Sedimentary Geology, 269-270, pp 28-36.
- Craig, M. S., Kimball, M., Lienkaemper, J. J., 2011, Ground Penetrating Radar Surveying of the
Green Valley Fault, San Francisco Bay Area, CA, in Proceedings of the Third Conference on Earthquake Hazards in the Eastern San Francisco Bay Area: Science, Hazard, Engineering, and Risk, Knudsen, K.K. et al. (Eds), California Geologic Survey Special Publication 219, pp 381-390.
- Shuler, S., Craig, M., Hayashi, K., Galvin, J., Chai, D., and Jones, M., 2015. Near Surface Shear Wave Velocity Model of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. Presented at AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, Abstract S43B-2808.
- Ayers, M., Blacic, T., Craig, M., and Yarnell, S., 2015, Application of Near Surface Geophysical Methods to Image Water Table Response in an Alpine Meadow, Northern California. Presented at 2015 AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, Abstract NS43A-1957.
- 2016-2017: Site characterization in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta using seismic surface wave and reflection methods. Awarded by U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program.
- 2014-2015: Improvements to the Near Surface Velocity Model of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. Awarded by U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program.