Frequently Asked Questions
Once you are admitted to CSUEB, you simply declare your major as "Online Ethnic Studies." There is no separate admissions process to the major. We welcome all students!
You may apply online at Cal State Apply. Click on “undergraduate admissions application.” If you have any questions about the application process, please call Planning and Enrollment Management at (510) 885-2784.
Yes, no problem! Just register for the class and attend!
We will accept some Ethnic Studies courses from other colleges and universities. Please discuss this issue with your faculty advisor.
Please contact the department chair or the department office (510) 885-3255 if you encounter difficulties. We are committed to making your experience positive and rewarding!
SCAA (Student Center for Academic Services) offers online tutoring.
Tips for Success in Online Courses
- Be willing to learn how to navigate Blackboard, the online learning platform.
- Have access to an adequate computer, high speed internet access, and a newer version of Microsoft Word (available at bookstore for a student discount price!)
- Be self-disciplined and self-directed. Study the syllabus. The syllabus is a contract between you and the professor. Set up a calendar so you can write down all your assignment due dates.
- Check blackboard regularly, usually at least twice per week, although some professors will expect you to check even more often.
- Ask for help as soon as you encounter a problem! In addition to asking for help from your professor, you can also contact other students through blackboard.