Frequently Asked Questions
All Ethnic Studies majors, including online majors, will be assigned a faculty advisor. If you don't know who your advisor is, contact the Ethnic Studies Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCAA (Student Center for Academic Services) offers online tutoring.
Tips for Success in Online Courses
- Be willing to learn how to navigate Blackboard, the online learning platform.
- Have access to an adequate computer, high speed internet access, and a newer version of Microsoft Word (available at bookstore for a student discount price!)
- Be self-disciplined and self-directed. Study the syllabus. The syllabus is a contract between you and the professor. Set up a calendar so you can write down all your assignment due dates.
- Check blackboard regularly, usually at least twice per week, although some professors will expect you to check even more often.
- Ask for help as soon as you encounter a problem! In addition to asking for help from your professor, you can also contact other students through blackboard.