A building permit is required for all campus construction projects.
The California Building Standards Code (Title 24, 2007 Edition) states that no building or structure, with very few exceptions, shall be erected, constructed, enlarged, repaired, moved, improved, removed, converted or demolished without a building permit issued and approved by the campus Deputy Campus Building Official. The Campus Architect, under Planning, Design and Construction, is designated the CSUEB Deputy Campus Building Official and issues campus building permits.
Please complete a Building Permit Application and submit to the Planning, Design & Construction Department.
When is a Building Permit Required?
- Any activity that may add, alter or modify ADA requirements
- Building additions, alterations, renovations and/or space improvements
- Electrical, mechanical, plumbing or building additions or alterations
- Activities involving buildings or roof structures
- Any underground or overhead work near or involving major infrastructure