The structure below is to ensure Qualtrics is not used for applications outside the license and that all CSUEB Institutional Review Board (IRB) determinations have been obtained and other relevant university guidelines are followed. Use of Qualtrics is subject to the same policies and guidelines for the use of CSUEB computing resources as other policies and procedures set forth by the Information Security Office. Users must comply with all other applicable university policies, state and federal laws, including the federal copyright laws.
- Faculty and staff are responsible for general oversight of acceptable and responsible use of Qualtrics among their students and student/graduate assistants in accordance with university policies
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval is required for survey research involving human subjects. See the CSUEB IRB policy for help on deciding if your survey requires approval.
- Protect the privacy and confidentiality of human subjects and other institutional information as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (privacy of student information) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) (privacy of patient information).
- For more comprehensive information on FERPA and HIPAA please visit the following websites:
- U.S. Department of Education
- HHS.gov U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Qualtrics will archive and retain survey instruments and survey responses indefinitely. However, users are responsible for archiving their data to other media such as a local hard drive or flash drive prior to expiration of the Qualtrics account. No University-affiliated departments are responsible for archiving data.
- Qualtrics administrators in Institutional Effectiveness & Research (IER) routinely monitor the volume of surveys and survey respondents for system management purposes. Usage may also be subject to auditing and security testing.
- Proper authorization is required for use of any copyright material or third party logo used in the survey. Please refer to the CSUEB Intellectual Property Policy more details.
- Using your Qualtrics account for non-university related activities is prohibited. This includes personal use or use on behalf of a company/other unit (whether for pay or not).
- Inappropriate language or content in the survey itself is prohibited.
- Sharing your Qualtrics account with unauthorized users is prohibited.
- Users will not SPAM or use other forms of unsolicited mass communication in conjunction with Qualtrics.
- All Qualtrics survey distributions must originate from a valid CSUEB (CSUEB.EDU) email address. Survey distributions from email addresses such as, Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, or other non-CSUEB address is prohibited.
- Misuse of CSUEB logos, seals, or trademarks is prohibited.
- Distributing content that is defamatory or obscene and distributing content that conflicts with the best interests and stated goals of the University is prohibited.
Inappropriate behavior/content/usage or other abuse of your Qualtrics account will lead to the following consequences:
Warning: A warning email will be sent to the abusing party (as well as the faculty advisor in the case of student use). This email will let the user know that a violation of the policies has occurred and that the violating behavior must stop immediately.
Removal of Access: If the incident is severe or determined to be gross misconduct then the abusing individual's access to the Qualtrics system will be removed. Conduct that requires repeated warnings may also result in removal of access.
Note: The label of gross misconduct will be at the discretion of IRADS and/or University administrative authorities.
The surveys created or the responses supplied using the CSUEB Qualtrics Survey Software do not in any way constitute official CSUEB content. The views and opinions expressed in surveys created with Qualtrics are strictly those of the survey’s primary author. CSUEB makes no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the CSUEB Qualtrics Survey Software operation or the information, content or materials included. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, CSUEB hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including by not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. CSUEB will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use Qualtrics Survey Software. The user expressly agrees to use Qualtrics Survey Software solely at his/her own risk.