DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Welcome to Psychology
Welcome Message From the Chair
On behalf of the entire Department of Psychology at California State University, East Bay (CSUEB), I am thrilled to extend a warm and enthusiastic welcome to each of you. As the Chair of Psychology, it is my pleasure to introduce you to an exciting journey of discovery and growth, and am thrilled to have you join our vibrant and inclusive community.
Psychology offers a fascinating exploration of the mind and behavior of both humans and animals, along with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on individuals and communities. Our dedicated faculty members are passionate about their areas of expertise and committed to providing you with a high-quality education. You'll have access to a diverse range of courses covering various subfields, allowing you to develop a well-rounded understanding of psychology. Beyond the classroom, we encourage you to engage in research, internships, and community service. These experiences will deepen your understanding and equip you with practical skills for your future careers or further academic pursuits.
Our department fosters a strong sense of community and collaboration. Join student organizations such as the Society of the Mind and/or Psi Chi, attend events such as our seminar series, and connect with your peers and faculty members. These connections will enhance your learning experience and create lifelong friendships and networks.
Once again, welcome to the Department of Psychology at CSUEB. We are excited to support you in achieving your academic and professional goals. Embrace the opportunities that come your way, be curious, and never hesitate to pursue your passions. The field of psychology is ever-evolving, and you will shape its future.
Associate Professor & Chair
10 Reasons Why Cal State East Bay Is a Great Place to Major in Psychology
- Three programs:
Traditional Bachelor of Arts program (Bachelor of Arts Degree)
Option in Organizational/Industrial Psychology (Bachelor of Science Degree)
Option in Ergonomics and Human Factors (Bachelor of Science Degree)
- All programs develop practical skills desired by employers and grad schools.
- Unlike at large research institutions, all classes are taught by Ph.D. faculty.
- Faculty members in the Department of Psychology devote their full attention to undergraduates. Master's Degrees in Psychology are offered in the Department of Educational Psychology, a separate department.
- Interested undergraduate students are encouraged to perform independent research, or participate in faculty research. This opportunity is usually reserved for graduate students.
- Classes are friendly and cooperative.
- There's an active Psychology Club for all students, and a chapter of Psi Chi, the national psychology honor society.
- Undergraduate students have easy access to computers, laboratory facilities, and equipment. These include laboratories for working with people and rooms for observing individuals and groups.
- Fieldwork in the community is supported and encouraged.
- Student body is very diverse in culture, age, and ethnicity.
- California State University, East Bay
- 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd
- Office Hours: N231 & N229 M,W-F 9:30a-6:00p; T :N229
- Hayward, CA 94542
- Phone: (510) 885-3484
- Fax: (510) 885-2553
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org