Renaissance Scholars Program Requirements
RENAISSANCE SCHOLARS PROGRAM APPLICATION
- Be a new freshmen, transfer student, or continuing Cal State East Bay foster youth
- Make a full commitment to the Renaissance Scholars Program each year.
- Actively participate in advising sessions and ALL program activities. Be an active participant in the Renaissance Scholars Program community.
- Attend and actively participate in the MANDATORY RETREAT (Fall semester each academic year)
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average. Students on probation are required to meet additional requirements.
- Inform the Renaissance Scholars Program of your participation in any other campus program, and allow the programs to communicate with each other regarding your support needs.
- Additional requirements may be expected that are not currently listed on this form.
Renaissance Scholars must:
- Apply and be accepted to CSU East Bay as a freshman or transfer student; or be a continuing undergraduate student.
- Qualify as an "independent" student under federal financial aid guidelines
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Be a California resident and former foster youth/ward of the court.
There are no information sessions scheduled at this time. If you would like more information or to set up a meeting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Review Process
- Eligible students should submit the RENAISSANCE SCHOLARS PROGRAM APPLICATION.
- After initial review of the application, potential Scholars will be invited to an interview with the Renaissance Scholars Program. The purpose of this interview is to assess the applicant’s goals, interests, and needs.
- Students admitted to the program will be notified by email via their student Horizon email address. The email will include a participation agreement, which should be returned prior to the first day of the Fall semester.
- To complete the admissions process, students will need to attend the Renaissance Scholars Program retreat, which will be held in October. At the retreat, students will be introduced to the Renaissance Scholars community, thoroughly informed of rights and responsibilities, and sign the final student admissions contract.
|2023-2024||RENAISSANCE SCHOLARS PROGRAM APPLICATION|
|After August 22, 2023||Documents received after the deadline will still be accepted and reviewed on a space-available basis.