College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds
Enhances learning, creates opportunity
College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds support a wide range of colleges, departments, programs, and learning opportunities. Donors can give directly to a college, an academic department, or program, including the University Library. The deans, department chairs, faculty, and program directors decide how best to use any unrestricted gifts designated to their area. Their choices have created many cultural and educational experiences for both Cal State East Bay students and the Bay Area community.
The choice is yours…You can make a gift to College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds online via our secure web site, by mail or by fax. Please know that all gifts, no matter the size have a meaningful and direct impact on our students, now and in the future.
Gifts of $5,000 or more qualify you for membership in the President's Circle, an honorary society of the University's closest friends. Membership includes recognition in our magazine's annual Honor Roll of Donors, as well as special invitations to University ceremonies, events, and receptions.
To make your gift to the College, Department and Program Leadership Funds by mail or fax, download the instructions and printable gift form (PDF).
For online gifts, please select the college, department, program, or organization you wish to support from the list below.
Invest the College, Department and Program Leadership Funds today by selecting the area of the University that interests you most.
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Psychology
- Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism
- Teacher Education
- Communicative Sciences and Disorders
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Ethnic Studies
- Geography and Environmental Studies
- Human Development & Women Studies
- Modern Languages and Literatures
- Political Science
- Public Affairs and Administration
- Social Work (Graduate Program)
- Sociology and Social Services
- Theatre and Dance
- Biological Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Earth and Environmental Sciences (including Geology)
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- Statistics and Biostatistics
University Programs and Organizations
- Arroyo Literary Review
- African American Faculty and Staff
- Chicano/Latino Faculty and Staff
- Cal State East Bay Alumni Association
- Academic Advising and Career Education
- C.E. Smith Anthropology Museum
- Center for Economic Education
- Center for Filipino Studies
- Center for International Education
- Center for Jewish Studies
- College Link Program for Students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Early Childhood Education Center
- Excel Program
- ERFA Library Collection
- Friends of the Arts
- Friends of History
- Graduate Programs
- Honors Program
- Mathematics Achievement Academies Program
- McNair Scholars Program
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- PACE Program
- Renaissance Scholars Program
- Student Center for Academic Achievement
- Student Disability Resource Center
- Student Life Program
- Summer Bridge Program
- TAX Clinic
- University Art Gallery
- Upward Bound Program
Frequently asked questions about the College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds
- What are the College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds?
Leadership Funds are funds that donors have directed to a specific college, department, program or organization. They are a cornerstone of Cal State East Bay's continuing excellence in education and are used to bridge the gap that exists between the actual cost of operations and the funding available from tuition revenue and state support. Gifts to the College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds help make the Cal State East Bay experience personal, professional, and achievable, and support a superior educational environment for today's students and tomorrow's graduates.
- How are gifts to the College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds spent?
All contributions to the College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds are directed by the donor to the specified college, department, program, or organization that is most meaningful to them within the University. The money is used, in accordance with the gift designation, by our college deans and department and program chairs. With gifts to the College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds, donors like you have the opportunity to assign a gift, knowing that your participation will have an impact on an area within the University that is personally significant.
- Why is it important to give to the College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds every year?
The gifts from College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds are spent every year. Ongoing, consistent support from our generous donors assists the University in improving its educational environment for the students. The College, Department and Program Leadership Funds, as well as the University, operate on a fiscal year, which commences July 1 and ends June 30.
- Can I donate directly to a college, department, or program?
Yes. The College, Department, and Program Leadership Funds were created so that donors can make a gift to the area of the University that is most meaningful to them. By earmarking your contribution for a specific college, department, program or organization, you can make a gift that has greater significance to you. If you prefer that your gift is utilized for campus-wide priorities, please assign your gift to The University Fund.
- What is the President's Circle?
The President's Circle is an honorary recognition society of the University's closest friends who contribute a gift, or combination of gifts to Cal State East Bay during a fiscal year totaling $5,000 or more. Of course, we appreciate and welcome gifts of any size. Membership includes recognition in our magazine's annual Honor Roll of Donors, as well as special invitations to University ceremonies, events and receptions. Fund.
- Can I honor or memorialize someone with my gift?
Yes. You are welcome to make a gift in memory or in honor of someone you care about or admire.
- Will my donation be matched by my employer?
Each year, hundreds of corporations match gifts to Cal State East Bay through employee matching gifts programs. Your employer's human resources department will be able to direct you to their company's policies. Donors should obtain the appropriate forms from their employers and send them to the University along with their gifts. Retirees, spouses of employees, and directors of companies are often eligible for corporate matching gifts. While Cal State East Bay advancement staff may be able to offer advice, you should check directly with your employer to see if they have a matching gift program available. Their added support could potentially double or even triple the impact of your gift to the University.
- Will Cal State East Bay accept securities and stock transfers?
Cal State East Bay welcomes gifts in the form of securities, assuming they have been held for more than one year. Gifts of long-term appreciated securities, stock, bonds and mutual fund shares receive an income tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the security at the time they are contributed.
- Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes. Outright gifts to Cal State East Bay entitle you to a charitable tax deduction to the fullest extent of the law.