Using Your Bay Card
A Bay Bucks account is similar to a checking account. With a prepaid deposit of money in this optional account, you will enjoy the convenience of being able to make purchases at participating locations without having cash in your pocket!
Adding Bay Bucks to your Bay Card gives you buying power at all dining locations on campus as well as the bookstore and vending machines. It also allows you to print in public computer labs and make copies on public machines around campus. Bay Bucks can be used to pay for services at the ASI Business Center, the Student Health and Counseling Services center, duplicating services and library fines.
Each student is different but we have compiled a basic table to show how many Bay Bucks an average student may go through during the course of a typical quarter at CSU East Bay. Think about how much you spend on average for copying, printing, bookstore purchases, food, etc. and add value to your account accordingly.
Remember, if you lose your card and have money in your Bay Bucks account, it can be used by anyone, so we recommend keeping your balance low and adding as needed. If your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately so the card can be frozen and your Bay Bucks account kept secure.
|On Campus Resident||Off Campus Resident|
|Printing - $5||Printing - $15|
|Copying - $15||Copying - $15|
|Vending - $20||Vending - $50|
|Food - $250||Food - $150|
|Books - $350||Books - $350|
|Miscellaneous - $100||Miscellaneous - $100|
|Total - $740||Total - $680|
The Pioneer Bookstore accepts Bay Bucks for all purchases other than postal purchases at the Customer Service counter. You may use your Bay Bucks for books, supplies, snacks, clothing, etc.
Associated Student Inc. Business Center
Located on the 3rd floor of the University Union; the Business Office provides various student services at discounted prices. ASI Business Services houses Student Government offices, the Office of the Executive Director and the Program Coordinator’s Office.
Computer Labs (Printing)
You must use Bay Bucks in order to print in the public labs across campus.
You must use Bay Bucks to make copies on all public copy machines across campus.
Bay Bucks can be used at all campus dining locations. Bay Bucks are completely separate from Pioneer Dining meal plans and Flex Dollars. You will still use The Bay Card to access your Pioneer Dining meal plan/Flex Dollars, but those are completely separate from Bay Bucks.
Einstein Bros. Bagels
In the New University Union
- Panda Express
In the Library
In the Old University Union
- Urban Revolution
- Pizza Hut
- Taco Bell
Student Health and Counseling Services
Bay Bucks are accepted for Basic and Elective Health Services (Laboratory, Massage Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacy, and Radiology).
Most Pepsi and snack machines across campus will take Bay Bucks.
- Refund requests, like merchandise returns, can be made directly at the bookstore. Refunds not resolved by the bookstore staff should be directed to The Bay Card Office.
- Product related refund requests (item didn't drop, stale, damaged, etc.) should fill up a form found at Snack vending machine side and leave it until the snack vending company will respond by mail. The cardholder will receive a voucher refund from the vending company by mail.
- Pepsi Vending, Contact the number at the vending machines for cash refund.
- Bay Bucks related refund requests (swipe took more than it should have, no product received after swipe, etc.) should be submitted to The Bay Card Office.
Bay Bucks Copiers and Print Release Stations
- Contact the local staff in the area to verify the problem and get immediate assistance. If the local staff is unable to resolve the problem, a refund request form will be provided to the cardholder for submission to The Bay Card Office.
- Refund requests can be made directly at the Pioneer Dining venue where the transaction was made.
Current Students and Employees
Include receipts and as much information as possible in order to expedite the validation and refund process. Staff will research all refund requests, validate the transaction details and, when appropriate, update the cardholder's Bay Bucks account. Cash refunds are not issued to current students or employees.
Former Students and Employees
Students or employees no longer affiliated with the university can also request refunds through The Bay Card Office. Credit card refunds will be issued for cardholders that made a credit card deposit, and a check will be issued for cash deposits. Bay Bucks accounts must have a minimum balance of $10.00 to request and receive this type of refund. Students will not be refunded if their account has a past due amount or a financial hold.