- Department of Biological Sciences
- Undergraduate Degrees & Certificate Programs
- GRADUATE PROGRAM
- Biology MS Program
- Biotechnology Certificate Program (BCP)
- MS in Marine Sciences
- For Faculty
- Fall 2023 Office Hours
- Faculty Directory
- Upcoming Events & Workshops
- Research-Related Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- Fellowships & Scholarships
- Pre-Health Professional Info Opportunities
- Student Clubs & Organizations
BCP Admission Requirements
University Requirements (essential)
- Possess a 4-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited Institution*.
- Possess an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (A=4.0) or greater.
- Possess a GPA of 2.5 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted.
Departmental Requirements (recommended)
- Major in (or possess a degree) in any field in the biological sciences.
- Complete undergraduate courses equivalent to those required of biological science majors at CSUEB including:
- a year of introductory biology
- a year of general chemistry
- a year of organic chemistry
- a quarter/semester of Microbiology (BIOL 330 or equivalent)
- a quarter/semester of Biochemistry (CHEM 441 or equivalent)
- a quarter/semester of Genetics* (BIOL 310 or equivalent)
- a quarter/semester of Molecular Cell Biology* (BIOL 426 or equivalent)
- Possess an overall GPA of 2.75 or greater.
- Possess a GPA of 3.0 or greater in all biology courses taken as an upper division student.
*a strong applicant has taken these courses within the last 3 years.