Students looking to meet with a biology major advisor have two options. They can see:
- a College of Science Student Service Center staff major advisor;
- faculty major advisor
Student Service Center Staff Major Advisors
The College of Science Student Service Center provides comprehensive major advising and support for students majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Health Sciences,and Statistics. Our advisors assist students in thoroughly understanding their major/minor requirements, planning classes, and completing necessary paperwork. Our goal is to help students as they transition into university life and develop useful skills to complete their degree.
- located in the Student Service Center which is located in North Science 143 and is open Monday - Friday, 8:00-5:00p. Appointment and drop-in opportunities are available;
- assist with major/minor requirements, planning classes, semester conversion, and completing necessary paperwork
Faculty Major Advisors
- located in their faculty offices, the locations of which can be found on the Faculty Advisor page.
- office hours are listed on the Faculty Office Hours Page
- assist with major/minor requirements, planning classes, semester conversion, and career counseling
Students seeking advising for general education requirements and career development assistance should visit the Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE) Program.
Students seeking advising about the graduate program should see the Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Maria Gallegos. For more information about the Master of Science and Biotechnology degree programs in the Department of Biological Sciences at California State University, East Bay, please visit the following:
The M.S. Program:
The Biotechnology Certificate Program (BCP):