How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: EOP at CSU East Bay only accepts new CSU applicants for the Fall term. The program accepts no new applications for Spring and Summer Semesters.
Step 1 | Apply Online to CSU East Bay
|First-Time Freshman||October 1 – March 2|
|Upper Division Transfer||October 1 – March 2|
Apply for admission online via the CAL STATE APPLY website
Step 2 | Submit Three (3) Online EOP Forms
Select "Yes" to the following question located in the Supporting Document Tile:
Do you want to apply to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)?
- Complete all sections of the EOP Application including the mandatory essay questions
- Submit two (2) names to complete EOP Recommendation Forms
- Enter Counselors and/or teacher(s) names and email addresses accurately and remember to follow up
- All EOP Documents must be received by the deadline dates listed below:
- January 15th : EOP Applicant Form
- January 31st: EOP Letters of Recommendation
Step 3 | Submit Partial and Final Documents to the Office of Admissions (Not EOP Admissions)
- First-Time Freshmen Applicants: Submit official high school transcript (with 7th semester grades and 8th semester work in progress coursework), official college transcripts (if applicable), and SAT or ACT scores to the Office of Admission
- Upper Division Transfer Applicants: Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended and currently attending with Fall grades posted and Spring work in progress to the Office of Admissions
- All EOP Applicants must abide by University Admission deadlines
Step 4 | Submit Online FAFSA or California Dream Act Application
- Go to the FAFSA website and submit the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) OR California Dream Act Application website
- List the CSUEB code 001138 on your FAFSA.
- Submit FAFSA OR California Dream Act Application and print confirmation for your records
Submit FAFSA between October 1st and March 2nd of each year
NOTE: All EOP applicants must submit the FAFSA. Applying for CSUEB student Financial Aid is a separate process from the EOP admission process. Visit the Financial Aid website for more information.