What We Offer
General EOP Program Information
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at California State University, East Bay is proud to have improved access and retention of historically under-served (low income, first generation college) students by facilitating their matriculation into East Bay for more than 50 years. We are pleased to continue this tradition each year by providing a support system for students to succeed at the university and beyond.
EOP at East Bay is a comprehensive program designed to target students with academic potential who’ve not been able to fully realize it due to economic / educational barriers. We provide college admission assistance to first-generation, low income and educationally under-served students and offer proactive culturally sensitive and personalized services to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
EOP offers a variety of services, including:
- Mandatory "Welcome Day" sessions for all incoming EOP students to increase student understanding of academic expectations, academic planning, and EOP guidelines and procedures.
- EOP students are required to meet with their EOP Counselor at least once per semester, for an hour long appointment, each academic year and as prescribed by their EOP Counselor thereafter.
- EOP students must participate in CSUEB-EOP support programs and workshops. These may include but are not limited: to CSUEB Freshman Orientation, Convocation, Peer Advocacy Program, Community Service, Individual and / or Group Tutoring, EOP Freshman Welcome / Orientation and an EOP Graduation Celebration.
- Assists students in achieving their academic and personal goals through individualized counseling and advising.
- Provides a variety of workshops including topics such as career exploration and development, supplemental GE workshops, study skills, probation/retention, and the application process for graduate school.
Appointment and Cancellation Policy
Please schedule an appointment time you can keep. Should you need to cancel, we ask that you please call the EOP front desk as soon as you know you need to cancel.