Summer Bridge is a component of the Student Transition and Retention Program (STAR), at California State University, East Bay. Summer Bridge is a five week academic program designed to assist incoming freshman students with their transition from high school to CSU East Bay. During Summer Bridge students will learn academic skills necessary to succeed at CSU East Bay. Additionally, students will meet dedicated faculty, staff and EOP students that challenge them to grow academically and personally. Summer Bridge outcomes include:
- Admission to CSU East Bay upon successful completion of Summer Bridge
- Provides challenging academic coursework to strengthen math, writing, and critical thinking skills
- Meetings with your EOP counselor and become oriented to campus resources
- Understanding campus resources and support services
- Exemption from Early Start
Please note: Only eligible EOP students will be contacted by EOP Admissions to participate in Summer Bridge.