Students with a baccalaureate degree in any subject from an accredited college or university may apply. Work experience is desirable, but not required. To be considered for admission to the M.S. in Accountancy program, each applicant is evaluated on the basis of:
- Past academic performance as reflected in undergraduate grade point average and subsequent coursework, a minimum of 2.5 GPA is required;
- Results of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) [CSUEB MSA program GMAT code is TCV-K9-86]:
- Both verbal and quantitative percentages must be greater than 20%.
- Index score must be greater than 1,050 [Index Score = Upper Division GPA x 200 + Total GMAT].
- GRE equivalent scores are accepted.
- GMAT scores will be waived for the following:
- If an applicant has an overall GPA of 3.0 or above for the bachelor degree received from an accredited U.S. university.
- If an applicant has passed all four parts of the US CPA Examination.
- If an applicant has completed an MBA degree from an AACSB accredited business school.
- For International students: demonstrated proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL score of 80 or IELTS of 6.5 or above);
- Personal interview