- Today Toward Together
- What's New
- Exposure and Quarantine Guidelines
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certification
- COVID-19 Testing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vaccine and Testing Information
- What's Open
- Reporting COVID-19 Cases and Exposure
- Question & Answer Series
- Fall Semester 2021
- Resources for Students
- Resources for Faculty and Staff
- Keeping Campus Clean and Safe
- Housing & Dining
- Protective and Disinfecting Supplies
To assist with the exposure investigation process and prevent the spread of COVID-19, report all COVID-19 positive cases and exposure involving staff, faculty, and students to Student Health & Counseling Services or Human Resources immediately.
Cases involving faculty or staff
- Notify Human Resources by filling out the COVID-19 Reporting Form. The form can be completed by the employee or their manager.
- Upon notification, Human Resources will contact the employee to advise on next steps and when employee can return to campus.
- If employee has been on campus recently, Human Resources and Risk Management will determine if additional individuals need to be notified about potential exposure and coordinate for any areas to be disinfected.
Cases involving students
- Students should notify Student Health & Counseling Services (SHCS) directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include (student) NetID and the best contact method.
- If living on campus, also notify Housing and Residential Life.
- Upon notification, SHCS will follow up with the student and confirm when the student can return to campus. Students should stay home until they meet public health isolation/quarantine criteria.
- Students should contact their instructor(s) directly if an accommodation is needed for class missed.
- For positive cases, students should provide a medical clearance from a board-certified physician to SHCS before returning to campus.
- Any medical records should be provided directly to SHCS as opposed to the instructor.
For Instructors. What to do if a student in your class is ill.
- Advise the student to stay home and contact SHCS at email@example.com.
- Immediately notify SHCS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the student’s name, NetID, and contact information.
- It is not necessary to quarantine the entire class. If the student was in class recently, provide SHCS a copy of the class roster.
- SHCS will follow up with the student, determine if anyone needs to be quarantined, directly notify any individuals who had close contact, and work with Human Resources to notify any additional individuals about potential exposure.