Cal State East Bay is conducting COVID-19 testing on the Hayward campus. Testing is available on a drop-in basis during the posted hours. Registration is required. It is preferred that you test for COVID-19 on campus to facilitate reporting and tracking.
* Please note that testing currently is only available for Cal State East Bay students, faculty and staff. We can no longer accommodate family members or community members due to high demand.
Hours of Operation
- Mondays through Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- No testing Fridays or weekends
- Lassen Community Room, Pioneer Heights
*New as of Aug. 8, 2022
- To save time, complete a one-time online registration.
- Follow the instructions onscreen and fill out insurance information.
- Enter ONE of the respective site codes below under “Add a Patient”:
- EBEmployees: For all employees
- EBStudents: For general student population
- EBStAssistants: For student assistants
- EBHousing: For students who live in student housing (excluding student-athletes)
- EBHAthletics: For students-athletes who live in housing
- EBAthletics: For students who are athletes but do not live in housing
- Read, acknowledge, and sign consent form and authorization to release testing results to Cal State East Bay.
- Follow instructions onscreen and fill out ALL requested/required information.
- Make sure contact information (email and phone number) is correct. You’ll get an email notification and/or text when the result is available.
- Currently, there is no out-of-pocket cost to you for COVID-19 testing.
Technical problems? Email the testing vendor at email@example.com or ask one of the testing staff onsite.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are tested off campus, please use the Student Health and Counseling Services online submission form for processing. Your document must include results from a PCR test, your full name, date of birth, collection site, date of sample taken, date of test read, and test results. If you receive a positive COVID-19 result, DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS and contact Student Health and Counseling Services at (510) 885-3735 during business hours. Refer to the Student Health and Counseling Services website for more information. Antigen and rapid home tests are not accepted.
Students, faculty and staff will be required to take a COVID-19 test weekly if they will be physically accessing any campus-owned facilty or program but have not uploaded proof of vaccination in MyCSUEB (stuents) or MyHR (employees) for any reason, including the following:
- The individual reported a valid medical or religious exemption.
- The individual is in the process of getting vaccinated but has not completed the vaccination series.
- The individual has not logged on to MyCSUEB or MyHR to complete the certification of vaccination.
Weekly until you provide valid proof of vaccination.
Yes, see details above.
It is preferred that you test for COVID-19 on campus to facilitate reporting and tracking.
Yes. You will be required to take a COVID-19 test weekly until you complete your vaccination series and the 14 day waiting period and are able to provide a valid certification of your vaccination status.
No, there is no cost for students to take the test on campus. You will be asked to provide your health insurance information, but no student will be charged directly for COVID-19 testing, whether the student has health insurance or not. Moreover, no co-pay will be required for students who provide insurance information.