Future Students

Cal State East Bay is committed to offering admission opportunities to current and former members of the military for all available terms. 



Review CSUEB’s admission requirements and admission deadlines to learn about the next available term of entry and the dates by which admission documents are due. Cal State East Bay is able to accept applications from current and former members of the military beyond the domestic transfer application deadline. Once the published application deadline has passed, military students should e-mail vetsadmissions@csueastbay.edu for further assistance and instructions. 


Contact our Veterans Outreach Specialist, Marc Strong, at vetsadmissions@csueastbay.edu to receive preadmission advising and university application assistance, or simply apply online. To apply, submit an online application at Cal State Apply, and select Undergraduate Admission Application.


Upon applying to Cal State East Bay, please request all official transcripts to be sent to CSU Admissions. This ensures timely processing of your admissions file.


Apply for VA benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill website. Students eligible for VA education benefits should contact the VA Certifying Official, Deborah Hansana, at veterans@csueastbay.edu  for possible deferment of the enrollment fee.


Gather your military transcripts, such as DD-214, Joint Service Transcripts (JST), and Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcripts.


Determine your benefits by consulting the ESO on your base or Veteran Student Services at (510) 885-3669 or veterans@csueastbay.edu.


Veteran students can make an appointment for academic advising with the Veterans Counselor. 


Credit for Military Training and USAFI

Cal State East Bay grants credit for military training in accordance with the recommendation of the American Council on Education. Those students who have entered military service before meeting the usual requirements for graduation, may receive nine units of elective credit toward the baccalaureate degree based upon the completion of a minimum of one year of uninterrupted active service. Commissioned officers may receive an additional nine units, which may be considered upper division credit. In order to receive such credit, applicants must present written certification from a recognized military authority, such as papers from a military separation center or an official copy of a diploma from a service school or USAFI transcript. 

Veterans Rights

Counseling and Admission Professionals at Cal State East Bay are trained to ensure that all laws and policies surrounding the recruitment of military students are followed. For more information on the Code of Ethics and Professional Practices, please click here