Academic Credit

Veteran students can receive credit towards their undergraduate degree in a number of ways. Whether you’ve taken coursework at another institution, an AP or IB exam, or are unsure of transferable courses, we have resources to assist you.

Military Experience - It is possible to receive credit for military training, including basic training. Cal State East Bay will award GE Area E credit for admitted veteran students based on General Education guidelines.

ASSIST – Online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another

College Credit – Taken an AP or IB exam in high school?

CLEP – Taken a College Level Exam and want to know if CSUEB accepts the test/score?

Degree Audit Report – Shows how your transferable courses apply to your General Education and/or major requirements.

Transferable Courses – Courses taken at another institution can satisfy General Education and/or major requirements

For more information or to schedule an appointment to meet with the Veterans Academic Counselor, please contact 510-885-3669