Lost or Stolen Cards

If your card is lost or stolen, it is imperative to cancel it immediately. Log in to the Bay Bucks website and report it, even if you don't have Bay Bucks on your card. This will freeze the card and ensure it can not be used. If you are not near a computer when you realize your card is lost or stolen, call The Bay Card Office to report it: 510-885-CARD. Stolen items should always be reported to University Police.

If your lost or stolen card has been activated to function as a U.S. Bank ATM/debit card, you should immediately call U.S. Bank at 800-US BANKS (872-2657) to report the loss.

Reporting your card lost or stolen immediately helps ensure any Bay Bucks you have in your account are protected.

Please visit the Bay Card staff in the University Library to obtain a replacement card. Be prepared to show your police report if you reported the card stolen, otherwise, there will be a $10 charge to replace a lost card. If a police report is filed indicating the card was stolen, this fee is not applicable.

Pioneer Heights Students and Employees

Bay Cards for Pioneer Heights students and employees contain additional coding in order to access door locks. This additional feature makes the card even more valuable and keeping it secure should be a high priority. However, in the event the card is lost or stolen, follow the steps outlined to report it.

The charge to replace a lost housing card is $25.

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share