- Asian Pacific American Student Success
- About The Program
- Transfer APASS Application
- 2020 Transfer APASS Celebration
- Services and Support
- APASS PROGRAM STAFF
- Program Initiatives
About The Program
Transfer Asian Pacific American Student Success
California State University, East Bay
The Transfer Asian Pacific American Student Success program is designed to promote the academic, cultural and personal successes of Asian Pacific American students who transfer from community colleges to CSUEB.
All Transfer Asian Pacific American Student Success students can access intensive college and career advising, peer mentoring, peer tutoring for major courses, and connect to campus resources, laptop loan support, career readiness workshops, internship placement, career mentoring, and will create their own e-portfolio.
Students will also have an opportunity to engage in cultural activities and events which include Lunar New Year celebration, Asian Pacific American heritage month, film screenings, keynote speakers, national conferences, graduation ceremony and so much more!
The program will recruit Asian Pacific American students who are low-income, first in their family to attend college, come from homes with a primary language other than English and students at-risk of not persisting and graduating at CSUEB. We will prioritize serving students from the Pacific Islands, Southeast Asia, and Central/West Asian groups who are the most underrepresented at CSUEB. Although our program focuses on Asian Pacific American students, you don't have to be an Asian Pacific American student. In fact, over 30% of our students do not identify as Asian Pacific American.
- Be a transfer student
- Participate in a WST bootcamp
- Meet with the academic counselor 1x a semester
- Attend at least 2 workshops a semester
- Meet with mentor 3x a semester
- Complete up to 4 hours of tutoring a semester
- Enroll in Transfer APASS cohort course (GE/GS)
- Utilize career readiness resources (field trips, API LEAD)
Benefits to Students
- The program will pay the cost of the Writing Skills Test (WST) after successful completion of summer writing workshops
- Build your network and celebrate your culture with an encouraging campus community
- Receive assistance in exclusive Asian Pacific American scholarship opportunities
- Receive academic advising, peer-mentoring, tutoring, and loan laptop support
- Enhance career preparation through career advising, career readiness workshops, assistance with internship placement, and career mentoring
To apply for the Transfer Asian Pacific American Student Success Program please complete and submit the online application, using this link, application. If you have any questions, please call us at 510-885-7767 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.