College of Business and Economics Professor Spotlight
- KRON4 News talks to Dr. Filippo Rebessi about Soaring Food Prices and the Economy. Nov 2022
- Cal State East Bay Professor of Management Dr. Asha Rao talks to KRON about the changes Facebook is facing post-COVID. Nov 2022
- Dept. of Management professor Dr. Lynn Bowes-Sperry interviewed by ABC 7 in on Twitter's Return to Office policy. Nov 2022
- Dept. of Management professor Dr. Kaumudi Misra weighs in and gives valuable advice to all employees dealing with uncertainty during this time Oct 2022
- Dept. of Management professor Dr. Balaraman Rajan spoke to ABC-7 today about the impending rail strike and the impact on the supply chain Sep 2022
- Interim Chair of Economics Filippo Rebessi talked to ABC-7 about Biden's Inflation Reduction Act. Sep. 2022
- NBC interviews Dr. Lynn Bowes-Sperry, Acosta Professor, Dept. of Management at Cal State East Bay on Health Orders on Restaurants.
- Dr. Lynn Bowes-Sperry quoted in an article ‘You Owe Me’: Songwriter Accuses Former Publishing Exec of Leveraging His Power for Sex
- Tech, business and legal experts weigh-in after Los Angeles judge rules California's 'Women on Boards' law unconstitutional. Professor Kaumudi Misra shared her perspective on the importance of diversity. May 2022 Watch Women on Boards
- On NPR’s Well Woman Show Dr. Kaumudi Misra, Professor at California State University East Bay’s College of Business and Economics talks about the role of strategic human resource management practices for employee and organizational productivity and work-life flexibility practices as a strategic HR tool. Apr. 2022 Watch Well Woman Show
- Nearly two years into this pandemic, and we’re still talking about jobs. What’s important to us, what can we afford, and where can we afford to live? It’s all part of the equation. NBC Bay Area’s Raj Mathai spoke to Kaumudi Misra of Cal State East Bay, for some insight. Jan. 2022 Watch the Great Resignation
- Dr. Kaumudi Misra discusses how companies implement “unlimited PTO” and what it means for employees. Jan. 2022
- Dr. Kaumudi Misra, Associate Professor of Management featured scholar on the Work Family Researchers’ Network. Aug. 2021
- Dr. Lynn Bowes-Sperry weighs in on whether you should include gender pronouns on your resume, LinkedIn profile Read more
- Why we need more ethics as business leaders featuring Joanna Bauer and Dr. Lynn Bowes-Sperry. Watch Episode 265
- Congratulations to Khaled Obaid, Accounting & Finance Assistant professor and recipient of the 2019 Hillcrest Behavioral Finance award for co-writing “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: Measuring Investor Sentiment by Combining Machine Learning and Photos from News” with Kuntara Pukthuanthong from the University of Missouri-Columbia. In their research, Obaid and Pukthuanthong worked to find the connection between pictures in the news and how it affected investor sentiment. They looked at news photos from 1926 to 2018, classified them by sentiment, and thus created a “daily market-level investor sentiment index” of “Photo Pessimism.” Read more
- Jed DeVaro, Economics Department Chair had his article Internal Hiring or external recruitment? featured on the homepage of IZA World of Labor. The article was also be featured on IZA World of Labor's social media channels.
- James C. W. Ahiakpor, Professor Emeritus, Department of Economics at California State East Bay has completed a book titled "Macroeconomics without the Errors of Keynes" Modern macroeconomics is in a stalemate, with seven schools of thought attempting to explain the workings of a monetary economy and to derive policies that promote economic growth with price-level stability. Read more
- T. T. (Rajan) Selvarajan, Assistant Professor of Management and Kaumudi Misra, Associate Professor of Management at California State University East Bay were highlighted in an article from Elon University on their research about work-family conflict and counterproductive work behaviors.
- Christian Roessler, Associate Professor of Economics was interviewed by ABC7 News on whether game theory could explain the recent winning streak on Jeopardy. Is Game Theory the secret to winning 'Jeopardy!'?
More CBE Faculty and Staff News