- College of Business & Economics
- About CBE
- Academic & Degree Programs
- CBE Departments
- Faculty and Staff
CBE In The News
- Harvard Business Review selects “The Future of Flexibility at Work” by Dr. Kaumudi Misra as HBR’s 10 Must Reads 2023 Read More
- Dr. Surendra Sarnikar has been selected to lead Cal State East Bay's College of Business & Economics Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) Program. Read More
- Cal State East Bay Named Lead Agency for Small Business Development in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties to provide consulting and training to support greater economic development in the area. Read more
- Meet Amy Schioldager BS ‘89, Business Administration, this year’s Distinguished Alumni Award recipient for the College of Business and Economics. Read More
- Cal State East Bay Named a Best Business School by The Princeton Review - Cal State East Bay is one of the nation's most outstanding business schools, according to The Princeton Review® Read more
- 2020–2021 CBE Women in Leadership program is underway - Faculty, fellows, mentors, and volunteers met by Zoom to officially launch the coming year’s Women in Leadership program. Read more
- Operations and Supply Chain Management program ranks as a top online degree program - Cal State East Bay Operations and Supply Chain Management alumni had an impressive 10-year ROI based on salary and debt data, resulting in your placement among the nation’s top online schools. Read more
- Cal State East Bay ranked one of the best colleges in America for Value - Money Magazine has ranked the best colleges in America by value, and Cal State East Bay has made this list of schools that successfully combine quality and affordability at No. 66. Read more
- Professor Scott Fung receives University’s Phillips Outstanding Professor Award 2020 - Each year, Cal State East Bay’s Faculty Affairs committee gives the highest honor for teaching: the George and Miriam Phillips Outstanding Professor Award. For the 2019-2020 academic year, the recipient of this award is Dr. Scott Fung, the Jack and Susan Acosta Professor of Finance. Read more
- Cal State East Bay ranks in the top 100 colleges nationally on best Return on Investment - CSUEB ranked #65 nationally for public colleges with the best Return on Investment. As these numbers rise, more and more people begin to wonder if college is a sound investment. Read more
- Women in Leadership - Empowering a New Generation of Female Leaders - Cal State East Bay program prepares women to serve on leadership boards, following new state law. Read more
- Alumni Mike and Shirley Coke Donate $100,000 of Stock to Launch Student Investment Fund - Starting fall 2020, students in the College of Business and Economics will learn what it’s like to work at an investment firm through a new program called the Student Investment Fund (SIF). The program will focus on investing in Bay Area companies and include an elective course in Accounting and Finance. Read more
- Cal State East Bay named one of the top 50 colleges that pay off the most - CNBC spotlights 50 schools that provide students the highest average salaries for their tuition dollars. Read more
- CBE honors alumnus, trustee, accountant Jim Songey (BSBA Accountancy ’82) at the first Accounting Alumni Celebration - The Cal State East Bay Department of Accounting & Finance celebrates the first Accounting Alumni Achievement Award, five years of the Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) program and 40 years of Beta Alpha Psi, Epsilon Psi Chapter. Read more
- 2020 Best Online Colleges Offering Bachelor's in Finance Degrees - Based on affordability and earning potential, College of Business and Economics Finance program was featured on the 2020 Best Online Colleges for Value. Additional information can be found in the press release.
- CBE online programs featured in 2020 Best Online Colleges - College of Business and Economics online Supply Chain Management and online Bachelor's Management degree programs were featured in 2020 Best Online Colleges for Value.
- CBE Accounting students the recipients of the CalCPA East Bay Chapter scholarship - In January, 3 accounting students were recipients of the CalCPA East Bay Chapter scholarship. Kathleen Nolte, Carolin Sundas, and Lan Truong. CalCPA is a professional organization for those in business and finance and is a strong supporter of continuing education. Faculty and fellow students came to support the scholarship recipients at an evening reception. Congratulations to our students! To learn more about CalCPA, go to www.calcpa.org
- MBA students compete in semi-finals for the Venture Capital Investment Competition - On February 28, 2020, a group of MBA students from our One-Year Intensive and Executive Global Innovators MBA programs will be traveling to the Tuck School of Business to compete in the semi-finals for the Venture Capital Investment Competition (VCIC). Student teams will take on the role of an investor acting as a venture capital firm and be judged by real investors based on their ability to fully asses a business model and analyze the reasons for choosing to invest with a particular start-up. After the first round, the winner qualifies for the finals which will be held in March and hosted by Duke University in North Carolina. We wish them the best of luck! Read more
- Smith Center Announces First Pitch Day Winner - Business Students dove into their own "Shark Tank" experience through Start-It-Up, a series of workshops created by the Smith Center for Private Enterprise Studies and the Up Club student organization. Undergrad and graduate students took classroom concepts and turned them into actual businesses with the potential for real investment and growth. Read the full article.
- CSUEB's College of Business & Economics is named a "Best Business School" by the Princeton Review. - The Princeton Review’s business school profiles have sections on academics, student life, admissions information, and graduates' employment data. In the profile on California State East Bay, the College of Business & Economics offers an “excellent curriculum and professors,” “great location,” as well as flexible schedule for working students. The college also boasts a “very inclusive culture” without the “cut-throat” mentality found at so many other business schools. Instead, the College of Business & Economics encourages a “collaborative/helpful approach to get to the finish line whether that be to survive a tough class or to reach graduation.” Students attending Cal State East Bay comment that the College of Business & Economics is dedicated to “helping the students get where they need to be as soon as possible” so that they can be “ready for the real world.” Read the full press release.
- Graduates from Cal State East Bay Are Among the Top Hired at One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area - Workday has been awarded one of the best large companies to work for in the Bay Area. The San Francisco Business Journal states that according to their LinkedIn network, Cal State East Bay is one of the top 15 universities that their employees graduate from.
- BSBA Program is one of Top 10 Most Affordable Business Bachelor’s Degrees for 2020 - Great Business Schools ranks the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) #9 in top online degree completion programs. From the curriculum to internships and program support, the College of Business & Economics focuses on career development, applying skills from the digital classroom to today's evolving business climate.
HAVE A STORY?
Do you have any College of Business news or story you would like to share? If so, contact the Marketing and Communications office.