Scholarships & Awards
Pioneer ScholarshipsThe Pioneer Scholarships Application is open from Oct 1 - Jan 31. Complete your application to be considered for over 100 institutional scholarships. The portal contains many external scholarship opportunities offered by companies and organizations outside CSUEB. Don't wait, apply now!
The Department and the College of Science offer a number of scholarship opportunities for students studying Environmental Science and Geology. It is good to see our students recognized for their hard work and scholarship. Congratulations!
The faculty award a $500 scholarship for the outstanding student studying geology.
- 2022-23: Elizabeth Magallon
- 2019-20: Nydra Harvey-Costello
- 2016-17: Ryan Peck
- 2015-16: Pablo Anguiano & Drew York
- 2014-15: Elizabeth Peters & Josh Fox
- 2013-14: Rebecca Blackwell
- 2011-12: Daniel Segal
- 2010-11: Jessica Castro & Shannon Martin
- 2008-09: Anthony Earls & Jacob Wilcox
- 2007-08: Jacob Fink, Kevin Geipel, Amanda Truman, Cynthia Burt
- 2006-07: Zhi Chao Lei
- 2005-06: Ryan Fay
- 2004-05: Daniel Rybczynski
- 2003-04: Stephanie Davi and Karen Emery
- 2002-03: Tasha Van Wynsberghe
- 2001-02: Atosa Abedini, Karen Emery, Michelle Evans
- 2000-01: Brian Dreyer & Shawn Hanson
- 1999-2000: Brian Dreyer & John Petroff
- 1998-99: Louis Damerell, Kelly Dorsey & Jeremy Quick
- 1997-98: Heather Marshall
The Castro Valley Mineral & Gem Society generously provides two $500 scholarships for outstanding students studying mineralogy and petrology.
- 2023: Ahkayla Gomez
- 2022: Jake Harm & Patrick Tryon
- 2021: Matthew Lyons & Christina Flora
- 2020: Maiyah Matsumura & Armando Franco
- 2019-20: Brenda Delgadillo & Yanet Medina
- 2017-18: Maximilian Burnham & Rebecca Blackwell
- 2016-17: Brianna Thomas & David Tanouye
- 2015-16: Josh Fox & Faithe Lovelace
- 2014-15: Drew York & Morgan Jones
- 2013-14: Seth Shuler & John MacDougall
- 2012-13: Joanne Chan & Oscar Merino
- 2011-12: Megan Riccobono & Miguel Lima
- 2010-11: Jessica Castro & Elizabeth Derubeis
- 2009-10: Eric Johnson & Shannon Martin2008-09: Anthony Earls & Kevin Geipel
- 2007-08: Cynthia Burt & Suzanne Nase
- 2006-07: Erica Brown & Ralph Thomas
- 2005-06: Elaine Smith & Christine Miller
- 2004-05: Stephanie Davi and Daniel Rybczynski
- 2003-04: Carlin Dare and Greg Munsell
- 2002-03: Dana Long and Karen Emery
- 2001-02: Rachelle Dunn and Ted Mazzoli
- 2000-01: Cara Conticello-Miller & Shawn Hanson
- 1999-2000: Jeremy Quick & Simon Tregurtha
- 1998-99: Luis Damerell & Jake Henry
The Livermore Lithofiles provides a Brunton Compass to the most outstanding student studying Structural Geology and Field Methods.
- 2014: John MacDougall & Patrick Groff
- 2012: Miguel Lima & Megan Riccobono
- 2010: Anthony Earls
- 2006: Zhi Chao Lei & Elaine Smith
- 2004: Scott Chandler
- 2003: Dana Long
- 2002: Rachelle Dunn
- 2001: Ted Mazzoli
- 2000: John Petroff
- 1999: Louis Damerell & Michael Kenney
- 1998: Andrew Osborne
A generous endowment from the East Bay Mineral Society permits us to award one $1000 scholarship to the outstanding student studying mineralogy and petrology.
- 2022: Jake Harm & Ashley Walsh
- 2019: Kay Ann Royo & Alena Koval
- 2018: Niket Kundariya
- 2016: David Tanouye & Alica Mteuzi
- 2015: Christopher Dobel & Emilio Grande
- 2014: Rebecca Blackwell & Drew York
- 2013: John MacDougall
- 2011: Megan Riccobono & Elizabeth Derubeis
- 2010: Shannon Martin
- 2009: Anthony Earls
- 2008: Rachel Sultan
- 2007: Erica Brown
- 2006: Elaine Smith
- 2005: Stephanie Davi
- 2004: Carlin Dare
The Association for Women Geoscientists presents an annual award for the most outstanding female geologist.
- 2019: Corina Synder
- 2018: Brianna Thomas
- 2017: Lusi Tai
This award was established to honor University Theses of the highest quality. Winners from the Department of Earth Environmental Sciences include:
- 2017: Ayoola Abimbola, ‘Seismic imaging of structures between the Hayward and Chabot faults at CSUEB.’
- 2016: Amanda Deinhart, 'Application of Multi-tracer Methods to Determine Age Distribution of Nitrate Contaminated Wells in Turlock California.'
- 2014: Pamela Beitz, 'A Multi-tiered Catchment Analysis of Upper Redwood Creek, an Urban, Trout Bearing Stream.'
- 2013: Daniel Segal,'Dissolved Gases and Isotopes as Tools for Aquifer Characterization in Martis Valley.'
- 2010: Atosa Abedini,'Basalt Petrogenesis and Evolution in the Yellowstone Plateau Volcanic Field.'
- 2007: Lora Teitler,'Late Pleistocene History of Antarctic Ice Sheet Stability: A Study of Ice-rafted Debris.'
- 2006: Predrag Stevanovic,'Sediment and Mercury Distribution in the Dow Wetlands, San Francisco Bay-Delta.'
- 2005: Mindy Kimball,'Seismic Refraction on the Green Valley and Hayward Faults, San Francisco Bay Area, CA.'
- 2004: Thomas Butler,'Aqueous Geochemistry of an Acid Mine Impaired Watershed, Oakland, California.'
- 2000: Bruce Pauly,'Geology of the Beacon Point Formation, Sierra County, California.'
- 1999: Richard Klinck,'The Geology of Las Trampas and Rocky Ridges, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.'
The Southport Land and Commercial Company Scholarship Award is offered in support of undergraduate students in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Cal State East Bay. The recipient of the award must have a declared major in Earth and Environmental Sciences and be a Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior majoring in Environmental Science or Geology who will be enrolled in Fall.