The California State University East Bay Department of Educational Leadership offers a job-embedded, site-based, individualized coaching program and professional development seminars as an approved pathway for clearing the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (PASC). The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) authorizes the completion of an approved Administrative Services Clear Credential Induction Program as the only option for completing the Clear Administrative Services Credential.
Certification of the completion of all training requirements is accomplished through a two-year program that includes one-on-one coaching with a skilled administrator, an individualized leadership growth plan, and professional learning seminars as well as a culminating portfolio representing two years of leadership development as an instructional leader based upon the California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (CPSEL).
This program meets the new CTC standards. Course list subject to change. Tier II is a two year program. You will take two classes per semester. Classes meet one Saturday per month from 9am to 1pm.
EDLD 681 Coaching and Assessment Practicum I (2 units)
EDLD 685 Managing an Organization and Developing a Collaborative Culture (1 unit)
EDLD 682 Coaching and Assessment Practicum II (2 units)
EDLD 686 Professional and Community Development (1 unit)
EDLD 683 Coaching and Assessment Practicum III (2 units)
EDLD 687 Developing an Inquiring Community (1 unit)
EDLD 684 Coaching and Assessment Practicum IV (2 units)
EDLD 688 Political Social Context in Education (1 unit)
$2,708.50 per semester
Applicants must complete BOTH the Department and the University application processes.
Fall 2024 Application Dates:
University Application: October 1, 2023-June 1, 2024
Department Application: October 15, 2023-June 1, 2024
1. University Graduate Admission Application
• Complete the Online University Application: Set Degree Goal to Second Bachelor's Degree and Teaching and Service Credential Only.
• For your Major/Program Objective, select: East Bay Credential: Clear Administrative Induction Credential Program
• Submit all official transcripts from all schools (Check the status of transcripts required in your MyCSUEB account which is activated after you submit the University application.) Note: If you graduated from CSUEB, CSSC will attempt to retrieve your final transcript, however, you will need to provide it if we are unsuccessful in doing so.
- Pay the $70 university application fee to submit the University Application.
2. Department Application
• Complete the Online Department Application with $25 non-refundable application fee
required documents to be uploaded to the Department Application:
• Current Resume
• Copy of Basic Skills Requirement (e.g., CBEST)-Basic Skills Requirement (BSR)-Satisfactory completion of the Basic Skills Requirement (BSR) (e.g., CBEST); submit a copy of your score report. California law requires that all educators meet proficiency in the subjects of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics. Individuals may satisfy the basic skills requirement in one of the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) approved methods listed in Basic Skills Requirement (CL-667) (BSR). This is the same document used to obtain your teaching credential or approved and signed BSR Evaluation Form
• Copy of current Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
• Verification of Experience Form
: A minimum of two years of full-time experience under a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential must be verified. The form must be signed by district human resources or credential personnel. You may be admitted to the program with less than two years of experience, but you are not eligible for the Clear credential until you have the 2 years of experience under your Preliminary Administrative Services Credential.These items must be uploaded as a part of your department application.
Tuition & fees information (For tuition/fee purposes, the Clear Admin Credential is considered a graduate program. Please refer to the Graduate column for tuition/fee information.)
*For further program information, please contact Dr. Peg Winkelman at email@example.com.
Dr. Peg Winkelman
Dr. Ardella Dailey
Credential Student Service Center