Instructional Continuity: Online/Hybrid
(except Holiday, and other campus-wide events)
Monday - Thursday from 10am to 3pm
Lunch Break 11:30am to 12:30pm
Friendly Reminder: Faculty can always email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the Zoom information and ask questions related to online teaching and learning. This email address is monitored by our System Administrators and eLearning Specialists. For basic technical questions, feel free to call 24X7 phone number: (Canvas) 1-866-325-0853.
This page will provide instructors with some possible instructional strategies should there be a disruption in normal campus operations. Instructors should make sure their syllabus is posted in Canvas and encourage all students to get familiar with various Canvas and online conferencing tools. Instructors may want to consider Zoom, text, lectures sent by email or through Canvas, creating online videos or other engagement activities. Below are some support tools the campus offers to help instructors provide virtual instruction, should it be desired or necessary.
- At this time, please look out for the announcement via OAA Newsletter or campus announcement.
24x7 Technical Support for Faculty & Students
Regular business hours: Mon - Thur | 10am - 3pm
Email address: email@example.com
Overflow calls, After-hours, weekend, and holiday
Live Online Help: Live Chat
- You can email Canvas Support firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, email one of our instructional designers
- Feel free to email Roger Wen email@example.com if you need additional support.
- For inquiry on getting your course certify as quality course visit this webpage.
NetTutor is a comprehensive online tutoring service for all levels of college courses. Students have the options to use 24/7 1-on-1 tutoring, or leave a question for a tutor. Instructors and students access NetTutor by:
- Selecting “Tools” from the left menu item after log into the Blackboard, then
- Click the “NetTutor” icon.
Video Conferencing & Lecture Capture
To activate your CSUEB Zoom account and to access the Zoom settings dashboard you will need to login at: csueb.zoom.us
- For steps on how to get started with Zoom, read this article.
- For steps on how to create break out rooms, read Zoom's Help Center article.
- For steps on how to add alternative hosts, read Zoom's Help Center article.
- For additional video tutorials, read Zoom's Help Center articles.
- For best practices using Zoom, read this one-page article.
Other Zoom Resources
Groups, Assignments (Plagiarism Tools), Discussion Boards, GoReact
Below are How-To guides on adding Group Work, Assignments (with plagiarism tools), Exams, Discussion Boards, and GoReact Assignments.
- Group Work - student interaction
- Assignment & Exams - informal and formal assessment
- Discussion Boards - student interaction and engagement
- For information on how to move face-to-face course activities online, read this article.