What to Expect During Your Massage Session:
Many people who received a massage have experienced overall muscle relaxation, reduced tension and stress levels, improved circulation, increased flexibility, and reduced swelling in joints.
Massages can create an overall feeling of physical, emotional, and spiritual balance, and a general sense of calm, focus, and well-being.
Massage Therapists do not treat, prescribe or diagnose illness, disease or any other physical or mental health conditions. Massage Therapy does not substitute the need for medical diagnosis or treatment.
All sessions are performed in a non-sexual and non-judgmental manner. Either party can discontinue the session at any time.
Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- On a Physical Level
- Relieves stress and aids relaxation
- Eases stiffness and muscle tension
- Improves blood and lymph fluid circulation
- Improves posture
- Generates healthier, better nourished skin
- Relieves tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- On a Mental Level
- Reduces mental stress
- Produces a relaxed state of alertness
- Greater ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Increases capacity for clearer thinking
- On an Emotional Level
- Satisfies need for caring and nurturing touch
- Provides feelings of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Increases awareness of the mind-body connection
How to Prepare for Your Massage:
- Dress warmly to prevent chilling after the massage.
- Arrive early. Late arrivals will only receive the remaining time for their massage.
- Remove any gum, jewelry, glasses, hard contact lenses, and keys prior to your session.
- Given the clinic’s academic setting, full nudity is not allowed. At the minimum you need to wear undergarments or a swimsuit. Sports bras are not recommended.
- A quiet relaxed atmosphere is the most beneficial for massage. During the session, try to limit talking to feedback regarding the massage (pressure, comfort, etc.) between yourself and the massage therapist.
To lessen the wait time, fill out the Health History Form and Massage Agreement on MyPioneerHealth prior to your visit.
- $15 for a 30 minute appointment. Acceptable forms of payment include BayCard, Visa, Mastercard, and charge to student financial account.
- We must receive notice of cancellation at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment or a fee equal to the cost of the visit will be charged. To cancel your appointment, please call (510) 885-4651. Late arrivals will only receive the remaining time for their massage.
To Make an Appointment:
If preferred, you can request a male or female massage therapist.
For more information:
Phone: (510) 885-3735