- Pioneer Stories
- Update Contact Info
- Class Notes
- About Us
- Get Involved
- Pioneers Of Distinction
East Bay Affinity Network
Who We Are
The East Bay Affinity Network was created to expand our commitment to support all Cal State East Bay students and alumni.
The network will help alumni with unique perspectives join together to support students and each other by creating social events, engaging in programs that promote lifelong learning and promote civic and philanthropic engagement.
What We Do
Because Service is the purest form of philanthropy, our Pioneer Alumni Ambassador program creates opportunities for alumni to engage with their communities, prospective students and their families and share their Pioneer journey. Ambassadors will provide encouragement, and serve as a resource for students and their families as they go through their college selection process and beyond.
Types of Alumni Ambassadors
The goal of the Kaleidoscope program is to encourage mentoring relationships that will provide valuable support and guidance to student mentees as they navigate their careers, explore new career paths, or consider graduate school.The connections made in the program help prepare our students for a successful future and leave a lasting impact on our campus community. Opportunities to interact through the program will include virtual discussions, networking events and workshops, on and off campus events, and volunteer opportunities. The program is open to students who have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate studies.
How It Works
- Participants must register by logging onto the mentorship program’s easy-to-use online platform and completing a profile, which takes 10 to 15 minutes. Alumni are encouraged to participate as a mentor. Students may participate as mentees.
- Once received, the Kaleidoscope program will match alumni and students based on preference
- the mentor and mentee will then agree on goals and communication preferences, including whether they’ll speak by phone or meet in person and how often they’ll connect multiple times throughout the academic year.
Are you interested in the Kaleidoscope Program? Please fill out this form:
Community Ambassadors provide an opportunity for alumni and others to provide real operational assistance that allows recruitment far beyond the possibilities of financial giving.
- When a future student wants to hear an alumni perspective, and your career backgrounds fit, we will ask you to connect.
- When the Admissions team is in your area, we'll ask you to volunteer at a recruitment event. Your involvement could range from participating in panel discussions to talking to prospective students one-on-one.
- You may be invited to on-campus events to present at professional development events based on your expertise as well as to welcome and encourage new students
- Help promote PIoneer events to your alumni network via email and social media.
- Provide Non-financial assistance to Pioneer Events
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students of all ages that are dedicated to serving and representing the Pioneer Community. Student Ambassadors talk with PIoneer Alumni and future Pioneers, and perform duties at various campus and community events.
- Enhance your public speaking skills
- Learn about the tricks of networking while engaging with other Pioneers and community members interested in Cal State East Bay
- Attend great professional development and social events offered by the Alumni Engagement Department
- Learn about what is going on in the Pioneer Community from the inside out
Ways to Give
Pioneers for H.O.P.E. (Helping our Pioneers Excel)
California State University, East Bay's new intervention program will address the Chancellor's food and housing security initiatives to include wide-ranging efforts to immediately serve some of our most-at risk students facing homelessness, food insecurity, and other various crisis situations.Basic Need Initiatives: Meeting students' basic needs every day.
Cal State East Bay Diversity CenterThe Diversity and Inclusion Student Center at Cal State East Bay is dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive campus environment that challenges oppression and provides a space for dialogue and engagement. We provide opportunities for leadership development, community engagement, and co-curricular programming on various topics of diversity and inclusion. The Diversity and Inclusion Student Center seeks to better the campus and greater community by advocating for equity and social justice.
Activism: A Conversation Across Generations
Become a Volunteer
Contact Monika Brooks: