Scholarships & Funding

Financial Aid

Students who are eligible for financial aid may apply their aid to Cal State East Bay-sponsored study abroad programs to offset these educational expenses. Applying for financial aid for studying abroad is the same as applying for aid as a regular student. You just file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid , also known as the FAFSA. By filing the FAFSA, you are applying for federal grants and student loans. We encourage you to apply early in the calendar year for assistance in the upcoming academic year.

Students who are considering using financial aid should speak with a financial aid counselor as part of their application process. (Students may email to request an appointment to discuss study abroad plans and financial aid eligibility.)

Additional resources from the Office of Financial Aid are below.

Study Abroad Scholarships

The number of study abroad scholarships has been steadily increasing over the past few years. However, not many students are aware that study abroad scholarships exist. Below is a list of scholarships and resources for both undergraduate and graduate study abroad. Many of the scholarship deadlines are four to eight months before departure and they may or may not coincide with the study abroad application deadline. Be sure to check the websites to review eligibility requirements and deadlines.

Undergraduate Scholarships 

Summer Programs with Funded Scholarships

Scholarship Databases and Resources

The Center for International Education provides the following as a courtesy and does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the websites.