- Undocumented Student Resource Center
- USRC Staff
- For Students
- For Parents & Families
- UndocuAlly Support
- Legislation & Policies
- News & Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
Students of Cal State East Bay should fill out a Residency Questionnaire.This begins a review of your eligibility for in-state residency status. Otherwise students will pay out-of-state resident rates for tuition.
What is the Affidavit?
- The affidavit states that the student will adjust their status, as soon as they are eligible to do so.
- The affidavit is required by example at end of document law by the public college where the students will be attending.
- California State Aid and State University Grant Recipients must have the affidavit on file in order to receive the funding.
- Students are not required to submit a new affidavit when there is continuous enrollment.
- The information on the affidavit is kept confidential, as required by law.
The Affidavit is also called an AB-540 Form or a California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request. All three names are valid and interchangeable.