Top NavTop NavTop Nav

Immunization Requirements

The California State University Board of Trustees requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957 present documented proof of immunity to measles (rubeola) and rubella.  All students age 18 years or younger must also show proof of immunity to Hepatitis B.

Students who graduated from a California public high school on or after July 1, 2005 have already met this requirement.

You can meet this requirement by submitting ONLY ONE of the following to Student Health & Counseling Services:

1. This completed form signed by your physician or health care provider.

2. A copy of immunization records from your physician, health care provider, (as long as the injections were administered after you were at least one year old) or school records that show immunization documentation. 

3. A copy of a lab report showing immunity (blood titer). You are looking for measles (rubeola) and german measles (rubella) or MMR. If you are under 19 years old, you are also looking for Hepatitis B.

If you do not have documentation, you can be immunized at your family physician or medical provider, a local clinic or County Public Health. You can have your immunizations done at CSUEB Student Health & Counseling Services during your first quarter on campus.


1. Religious reasons.

2. Medical documentation signed by a physician.

Temporary deferments (must be submitted by a physician) for:

1. Pregnancy or possibility of pregnancy, or nursing a newborn

2. Illness contraindicating immunization.

If you have any questions, please call (510) 885-3735.

© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.