- About Cal State East Bay
- Our Impact on the East Bay
- Rankings and Awards
- Visitor Information
- University History
- Photo Gallery
- Career Opportunities
- Our Institutional Learning Outcomes
- Mission and Strategic Planning
Our Institutional Learning Outcomes
The California State University East Bay Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs) express a shared, campus-wide articulation of expectations for all degree recipients. Our ILOs define the broad areas of knowledge, skills, abilities, and values that graduates of CSUEB are expected to develop as a result of their general education, major studies, and co-curricular activities. Through development of the higher order capacities represented by the CSUEB ILOs, students acquire the habits of lifelong learning and community engagement that prepare them to effectively apply their skills personally and professionally.
The CSUEB ILOs
- Thinking and Reasoning - Think critically and creatively and apply analytical and quantitative reasoning to address complex challenges and everyday problems.
- Communication - Communicate ideas, perspectives, and values clearly and persuasively while listening openly to others.
- Diversity - Apply knowledge of diversity and multicultural competencies to promote equity and social justice in our communities.
- Collaboration - Work collaboratively and respectfully as members and leaders of diverse teams and communities.
- Sustainability - Act responsibly and sustainably at local, national, and global levels.
- Specialized Discipline - Demonstrate expertise and integration of ideas, methods, theory and practice in a specialized discipline of study.