- CSU East Bay Classroom and Lab Support
- On-Site Computer Labs
- CSUEB Bay Cloud
- AppStream Computing
- Smart Classrooms
Automate and scale ongoing management tasks for Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV – Jamf
CSU East Bay utilizes the Jamf mobile device management infrastructure for near zero-touch device deployments, app and mobility management. It allows us to remotely track device health, push software and system updates and enforce enterprise best security practices. Jamf offers a Self-Service application that should be Apple device users first stop for any of their wants and needs.
Jamf is currently used on campus for:
- Software deployment
- Inventory management
- App maintenance
- Enterprise Security
- Printer configuration
What benefits does a client receive from Jamf?
- Reliability: Your device will quickly receive software updates and patches with little to no interaction on your part.
- Time Efficiency: You will stay more productive as deployment and updating processes run in the background, freeing up more time for teaching and research.
- Flexibility: You can choose when and where to install new software or run maintenance on your device through Self-service portals.
- Security: IT Technicians will manage the security of your machine so you don't have to. You can rest assured that software patches, antivirus protection, and firewalls are well maintained.
- Confidentiality: Your data and files will remain confidential; no personal data is transmitted off your device. Jamf keeps audit logs of actions performed by technicians.
- Compliance: Your device will always be in compliance with federal laws governing requirements for research or student data on university computers.